cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 9800 recomended settings for Max Client Connections

Martin Skvor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys anyone aware of Cisco recommendation for setting up Max Client Connections under WLAN ? or what values should be set for each section Per WLAN, Per AP Per WLAN, and Per AP Radio Per WLAN. On our 17.3.5a we have default 0 on all except for Per AP Radio Per WLAN where is 200. I assume that 0 represents no limit, right? Also do these setting correlate somehow with Aggressive Client Load Balancing feature?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not touching that settings. 

I have several APs with a daily client count of >76 and we have not received any complaints.

View solution in original post

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can consider  0 equal to the parameter not being configured , hence unlimited (indeed) .  Also note that if changing this or similar parametes would lead to problems  then   review the 9800 with the CLI command : show  tech   wireless , have the output analyzed by  https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/  , please note do not use classical show tech-support (short version) , use the command denoted in green for Wireless Analyzer.               Checkout all advisories!  This tool can also make you aware of the RF environment such as coverage holes , APs under heavy load , APs undergoing frequent channel changes and so on. It is advised to use WirelessAnalyzer on a regular basis afterwards, also meaning it could be done now-already too!

M.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not touching that settings. 

I have several APs with a daily client count of >76 and we have not received any complaints.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can consider  0 equal to the parameter not being configured , hence unlimited (indeed) .  Also note that if changing this or similar parametes would lead to problems  then   review the 9800 with the CLI command : show  tech   wireless , have the output analyzed by  https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/  , please note do not use classical show tech-support (short version) , use the command denoted in green for Wireless Analyzer.               Checkout all advisories!  This tool can also make you aware of the RF environment such as coverage holes , APs under heavy load , APs undergoing frequent channel changes and so on. It is advised to use WirelessAnalyzer on a regular basis afterwards, also meaning it could be done now-already too!

M.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Martin Skvor
Level 1
Level 1

Great thank you both for helpful feedback.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card