Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC- Client traffic details

gija
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are using 9800 series WLC and have 200 + Access points.

We need to know the total usage and applications used by each client. Is there any method to take this report over WLC?

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Not with a 'direct command(s)' as such , look into : https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-1/deployment-guide/c9800-avc-deployment-guide-rel-17-1.pdf

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you have Cisco Prime Infrastructure, you can generate reports (Clients Performance/Application performance) and get details.

CJ

/*Please rate useful responses*/

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Prime or DNAC with AVC enabled on the WLC will give you the best data.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Gaurav  Kansal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

WLC 9800 can give only limited information like association history etc.or you can also use troubleshooting tab for more information.

Prime ,DNAC, syslog can give better information about client traffic usage

Good Luck

Hi,

In DNAC, do we get the total data usage and uptime details (like, 1 GB usage in 45 mins) ?

With any management tools, you get data collection at a specific time.  So most will provide a graph of amount of data and time.  To get application you need to have netflow configured and pushed to the tool.

From DNAc guide for application visibility.  
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-5/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_3_5/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_3_5_chapter_01111.html

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card