cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC failover

cscyangyu
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 WLC, when i shut down the primary WLC, the 1231 AP didn't register to the backup WLC. All of the 1242 AP can register to the backup WLC. I wonder if the 1231 doesn't support the WLC failover.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

take a look under the Security tab, AP Policies. Make sure, if there is an SSC on the primary, that it also exists on the secondary.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Yang,

The 1231 should support failover just like the 1242's. Can you please check the second config listed below;

WLAN Controller Failover for Lightweight Access Points Configuration Example

Configure

1. Configure Mobility Groups for the WLCs

2. Assign Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Controllers for the Lightweight AP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008064a294.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

I configured the WLCs the same as this Doc, but after the primary WLC was shutdown, the 1231 APs

were shut down also . I checked the 1231 AP and 1242 AP . There is no difference between 1231 and 1242's configuration except the 1231 support b/g/n &a/n, 1241 only support a/g/n.

take a look under the Security tab, AP Policies. Make sure, if there is an SSC on the primary, that it also exists on the secondary.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yes, you are right , The SSC is enabled on the Primary WLC, but not on the Backup WLC. Thank you very muchh , i will enable SSC on the backup WLC and test it at the weekend.

Thank your guys help .

Can we do the same thing with WCL 4400 and 5500 series for failover? We have 1 existing 4400 WLC and we wanted to purchase another 1 for fail-over as well as backup. But right now, 4400 is EOL already. The only option is to have the 5500 WLC.

So if you do have previous set-up like this, so I would need your inputs.. Otherwise, same as usual, will gonna test to work this out.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card