cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Not Connecting to Switch

sleepless swan
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured the WLC with management IP which is in the same VLAN as the switch port. However, the port would not come up on the switch and I am unable to access the WLC gui. I am unable to ping between the WLC and the switch or the PC. I am not sure if it is something to do with the distribution port itself because i tried different ports on the switch and different cables and nothing worked. I am not sure what I'm missing because I've done it only once before it worked fine.

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-08 at 17.23.34.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Already mentioned that I tried different cables. Turned out that the switch is FastEthernet and the WLC only connects to Gigabit.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

If this is a PacketTracer project, zip and attach here I can review. If this is a real device, copy and past the config here.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i do not see switch port LED green - so looks for me cables issue, also you using GLC-T on WLC

check the ethernet cable  or also try different port.

follow below guide :

https://www.51sec.org/2017/07/25/cisco-wireless-controller-5508-configuration-step-by-step-part-1-cli-and-gui-access-upgrade/?utm_content=cmp-true

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Already mentioned that I tried different cables. Turned out that the switch is FastEthernet and the WLC only connects to Gigabit.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card