Helpful
Replies

WLC9800 map two vlans on the same ssid

Calin Cristea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a WLC9800 with 9115 APs.
For clients, I have a Vlan (100) mapped to an ssid.
I want to add another vlan (102) mapped to the same ssid.
I have added the vlan 102 (configuration, layer2, add vlan), i have created a vlan group and added both vlans.
On policy profile (Configuration/tags and profiles/policies) on the policy, i have changed from the single vlan name to vlan group.
After that users from vlan 100 and vlan 102 are not able to connect. I see no connected users.
I got this message:

Chassis 1 R0/0: wncd: CRITICAL, 2223.xe4a.1eb2 VLAN ID mapping for vlan interface : TEST_VLAN configured under policy profile : Policy_profile_test is not present in flex profile : TEST_flexprofile. WLAN : SSID_TEST cannot be pushed to AP. Please add vlan-name-id mapping under flex-profile

If i change back to single vlan, users are able to connect again.

On flex connect profile, i have added both vlans.

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check VLAN and VLAN Groups and tag to the profile :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg/vlans.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello Balaj,

Thank you for you`re response. I have added the new vlan, add a vlan group (with  both vlans). On tag, i have the policy profile attached.

On policy profile, i have selected one vlan, cannot add two vlan. I have tried to switch to vlan group, but this is the problem. If i switch to single vlan to vlan group, nothing is working.

Can i see the config of policy 

Screenshots 

MHM

[image: vlan group.png]

[image: vlans.png]
[image: policy 1.png]
[image: policy 2.png]
[image: flex.png]

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- After  suggested reply from other and or currently  (too) have a checkup of the WLC9800 configuration with the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output to : Wireless Config Analyzer
         Keep using WirelessAnalyzer for future staging and or after  configuration changes on the wireless controller 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Not sure why you're asking this again because I already answered on the other thread!
https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/how-to-do-vlan-mapping-per-flex-profile-on-a-9800-wlc/m-p/5076921/highlight/true#M270662

The key point - VLAN groups are not supported for flexconnect local switching, only for local mode APs with central switching WLAN.  This is clearly stated in the Restrictions for VLAN Groups.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card