Views
Helpful
Replies

console connection to XRv 9k

Istvan kelemen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have followed this documentation below, but I did not manage to connect to the console. Firewall is configured correctly, but telnet is refused. "The remote system refused the connection." ESXi 6.0 with vCenter server. XRv version id 6.1.2

Any idea? Thanks!

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus1000/sw/5_2_1_s_v_3_2_5/install_upgrade/guide/b_Cisco_N1KV_VMware_Install_and_Upgrade_Guide_521SV325/b_Cisco_N1KV_VMware_Install_and_Upgrade_Guide_521SV325_chapter_01.html#concept_8897C0F07AC94B73B1D8A91CE5250A2C

8 Replies 8

smailmilak
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, 

1. Have you configured the serial port on the VM?

2. Re-check the firewall settings on the ESXi host.

Hi,

Serial port is assigned to VM, via network, server, port uri is: telnet://10.128.0.100:6001

Where 10.128.0.100 is the ESXi IP.

Firewall allows inbound TCP via port 23 and 1024-65535.

Any other idea?

Check my screenshot. That all I had to do for VM Serial port conneciton.

Check with VMWare console if the router has booted up properly.

Check again on putty if you are using port 6001 for telnet connection.

Yes, putty uses telnet protocol and the port is 6001.

VM console says nothing, it just warns to use the first console, because in VM console CLI will not appear.

It seems that everything is ok.

What you can do is to try on another ESXi host with same Security profile settings.

I will do this. I don't want to reboot this host. There are 30+ VM's running on it :(

Reboot did not help...

I have tried it with XRv 5.1.2, same issue. I remember last summer I managed to connect to an XRv by using this telnet to console method... what's wrong now..

Istvan kelemen
Level 1
Level 1

I captured packets on ESXi, host sends tcp rst from port 6001. I gave it up, deployed VGA support image and booted it, After 5-10 mins, XRv booted up. I was able to access the cli via VM console.