Views
Helpful
Replies

Error on CRS-1

darora_83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All ,

We have a Fp140 card reloaded due to the following error.

plim_xge[242]: %PLATFORM-CIH-5-ASIC_ERROR : pla[0]: A
parity error has occurred causing  performance loss transient. 0x10440003

plim_xge[242]:
%PLATFORM-CIH-5-ASIC_ERROR_HARD_RESET_START : pla[0]: HARD_RESET needed 0x10440003 

Cisco error message decoder provides following explanation.

%PLATFORM-CIH-5-ASIC_ERROR [chars][[dec]]: [chars] error has occurred[chars]%s [hex]
[chars] [chars] 

Explanation    An ASIC error has occurred and been handled. 

Can someone help me undertsand if issue was with FP140 card or the Associated PLIM.

Thanks

Deepak

6 Replies 6

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Deepak, looks like your card hit a parity error (hardware/memory fault).

this can either be a hard error or something transient.

If this happens again I would open a TAC case and ask for this card to be exchanged.

regards

xander

Hi Xander ,

what card needs to be replaced. PLIM or FP140 in case error appears again.

Thanks

Deepak

Deepak,

Based on my previous experiences with similar issues , FP40 replacement is required.

Steve

jameel noori
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Deepak,

Its seems to be parity error and FP may need a replacement if its reoccurnecing else can kep under monitoring.

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Deepak,

As Xander mentioned please open a TAC case.

This looks like a PLIM issue as the error is coming from the PLA, but more of the logs should be looked at by TAC to verify.

Thanks,

Sam

Yigal Dekalo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Deepak,

This error was reported by your PLIM ASIC (PLA0). We have 2 of them on every PLIM. This is a log level 5 - notification.

That said, its better you proceed with a TAC case as you might want this to be looked just to be safe.

If you like to track this down I would run the following commnad:

show asic-errors plim asic 0 all location 0/x/CPU0 - X stands for the slot #.

The same info can found in "dir harddisk:/ASIC-ERROR. We keep these records in case the LC had been reset by the system in case we had expereinced an event where we could not recover.

This is all valid for a single/random occurance, if you keep get this message in your syslog and the output of the above command shows a pattern or a trend please go ahead and open SR.

When you do, please capture the following:

show log

show ver br

show inst ac su

ad show platfrom

admin show diag

show asic-errors plim asic 0 all location 0/x/CPU0

show asic-errors plim asic trace all location 0/x/CPU0

show controllers plim asic summary location 0/0/CPU0  <= That maps your PLA to interfaces and/or SIP/SPA HW if exists. Since this is Taiko (CRS-3 AKA 140 Fabric/Line Cards) and I see XGE, I would guess your PLIM is one of these:

14X10GBE

1X100GBE

20X10GBE

show inter br loc 0/x/cpu0

Yigal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: