cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will SNMP OID changes post ios upgradation ?

rethimme
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello ALL, 

One of my clients is preparing to undergo a hardware replacement for their Chassis 9922. This involves swapping out the RP card; the existing ASR9900 RP card will be substituted with the RP3 card. Additionally, they plan to replace the SFC card and the fan tray.

As part of the upgrade process, the client intends to perform a software update, transitioning from version 6.2.3 to version 7.5.2.

It's important to note that the line cards will not be replaced. The client currently utilizes SNMP OID numbers to monitor interface bandwidth. They are now seeking clarification on whether replacing the mentioned hardware components and upgrading to version 7.5.2 will result in any changes to the SNMP OID numbers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

no worries. glad suggestion helpful.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rethimme
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ASR 9922 chassis ---ASR9k family 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

they should not change until they documented in release notes.

BB

Hello Balaji, 

Good day!

Thank you for providing clarification. I've reviewed the release notes for version 7.5.2, and there are no specific records regarding SNMP OID behavior. I will communicate to the customer that the upgrade won't alter the SNMP OID.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k-r7-5/general/release/notes/b-release-notes-asr9000-r752.html#Cisco_Concept.dita_8aa4c111-30e2-4c94-a71d-1030f2034cb8

Thanks a lot once again.

no worries. glad suggestion helpful.

BB