cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the most important aspect of the adoption methodology?

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the Webex adoption methodology we have business drivers, the five pillars of success (leadership; technical readiness; use cases; communications; champions), and the measurement components. When you are driving change in your organization - which one is your powerhouse MUST have to ensure success?

What resources do you use?

Don't be shy on details! Tell us the story of how you were successful.

Response Signature

161 Replies 161

A very good point and, unfortunately, one that gets overlooked a lot of times. Having users who are champions is a win-win for everyone!

Great tip!

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

Use cases and recruiting champions within the different business units has been successful for us.  When we hold trainings on Webex, I like to bring up the various use cases on how using Webex Meetings or Webex Teams can benefit a particular business unit.  Also staying in touch with a champion can help accelerate adoption across the various business units.

hector.ochoa
Level 1
Level 1

Technical preparation. We did several live sessions using the tools that users need. We show them how to use them. We also have a champion who was a great help, because he made some guides and videos for users.

coreyparker
Level 4
Level 4

Leadership buy-in is critical.  Choosing a sponsor/champion with influence that is also an early adopter is a great help to getting additional buy-in at the upper levels, as well as helping to smooth over any issues at the upper levels.  Once the upper levels buy-in, the trickle down effect is real. Users at the lower levels will have to adopt the new technology to continue working with their managers.

Balazs Balogh
Level 1
Level 1

Technical Readiness was the key. We did the calling integration with our local gateway so every coworker able to make a phonecall from webex app thru our local infra. 

Here is the config example:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/jr1i3r/Configure-Local-Gateway-on-IOS-XE-for-Webex-Calling#id_100569

dencook
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

alignment of your adoption strategy with the overall culture of the company is the key and there is no silver bullet. The “powerhouse” may be different each time. 

Use people as your best resource. The help build your adoption strategy that is inclusive of the entire global collaboration strategy, by understanding a day in their life and highlight the use cases for each team/department. Don’t paint the world with the same paint brush. 

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

Communications and Technical Readiness are our key drivers for adoption.  We have a website available with documentation personalized with our company logo and system settings.  It includes a Quick Reference guide and short, topic specific videos for common questions and tasks.  It also has links to online resources like the Cisco training portal, the Webex Help Center and other online references.   Having this resource available for staff and keeping it updated helped with adoption since they were able to do self-service for most of their questions.

We also provided classes about every 2 weeks for the first couple of months where we covered the Webex Basics as well as new features that were added.  During the class we demonstrated features and also had time for attendees to ask questions and practice using features. 

Response Signature

Create a leader group and use examples or use cases.

Thank you so much for your sharing, Kathy.

That are the keys for adoption.

chrisconnolly
Level 1
Level 1

I have also have had luck with use cases.

When we opened a new building the strategy we took to get people to try out the use cases and receive some training was to gamify the experience. We made a passport for them get stamped as they moved around to a couple different rooms where we had staff showing quick 5 minute or less use case demonstrations. We had the rooms available for a couple days to allow people plenty of freedom to just quickly drop in whenever worked for them and even pop back in if they had follow up questions. We had snacks and drinks available to entice them in and of course those who completed the passports were entered into raffles to win larger prizes.

We had great participation from our associates and saw much better than expected metrics of our users adopting some of the "advanced" features of the rooms that we covered in our use cases. So we were very pleased and will be using this approach again in the future.

mollydubow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'll go first.

Use cases are the most critical part of the adoption methodology for me. When I start with the people that are actually using Webex and make it crystal clear how I can help them - I can drive success for THEM. If I can craft a really specific story for them and show how we can save them time, energy, how this fits into their current systems - they will want to use the solution. I like to start with who are the people, and what the heck are they trying to do? This might be reworded as "what is the job to be done?" From your people it might sounds like, "Ugh! Don't tell me everything, I just need to              ". 

My awesome use cases make sure my communications are specific, tell my folks exactly what they need to know (and nothing they don't) and will land with my audience. It makes me ensure my technical readiness will support any integrations that are required. It helps me build the business case, then I have a way to measure the results too! And of course - if I know the use case - I can find champions to help evangelize it.

Here's an example. 

Job to be done:

I'm Molly. I hold a meeting three times a month with an international group of collaborators and I just need to make sure everyone's voice is included, and everyone can participate.

Cool. We got you.

Webex Meetings with Webex Assistant can help you do that!

• Schedule your session and invite all your people.
  • When you start your session - make sure you enable the Webex Assistant.
  • Remind all your participants they can chose the language they see closed captions in.
  • Set the etiquette for your session. Practice using the raise hand to ensure even the polite people get heard.
  • When you record the session everyone can watch it later - even if they weren't there live and the Webex Assistant will let you highlight the important topics, mark when decisions are made, and more!
  • .... and more. You get the idea.

My training, communications, and help guides will all support this specific use case. I don't just say "Webex will make your meetings more inclusive!" Show me - don't tell me. In a normal person's language.

I love the idea of fleshing out multiple use cases with a tactic we lovingly call "We feed you; you feedback". Hold a Webex session, have snacks delivered to your attendees (8 or less) and pick their brain on what their problems are. Use your favorite online visual collaboration platform for teamwork and a mountain of e-stickie notes to get that ideation flowing.

Response Signature

I think in my experience, aligning the adoption process/steps to the customer's goals.  That makes it easier for the end users to really adapt to the change that's happening because it should enhance their daily work life.  

Super helpful, Molly! 

Thank you.  This was very helpful.

This is really helpful!

Very insightful thanks Molly.

Like your post. 

Every company has it's own business model and their pain point sometimes also is unique. Could Webex help cover their pain point is very important. Give leaders the user cases which show them how the problem is resolved is a straight strike. 

Use cases are incredibly helpful.

New software adoption can be difficult--on top of any technical hurdles, just getting people to use it can be a challenge! It's vital to demonstrate just how much Webex can change their work lives and what a useful tool it is. If people don't believe in it, they won't use it; they'll see it as just another complication. Making it clear that it's easy to use and extremely useful helps people get on board.

Hello Molly

Very insightful. Thank you for sharing.

Awesome post and tons of great responses.

I have used Webex Assistant to champion Webex adoption within customers where "Closed Caption" capabilities are needed.  Having a button on-screen where the host can simply click-to-enable the Assistant and transcribe the entire Meeting with searchable content, follow-up and transcription services has been invaluable.

Thank you. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.