cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
grichardson661
Beginner

Cisco GSS and Sticky Sessions

Hi,

So we have a solution in test for one of our customers where we have two data centres running active active. Within each DC we are running the ACE will Kalap enabled reporting back to the GSS. Everything works - all good there. 

On the odd occasion we are tracing a handful of users, not always the same users authenticating to the database multiple times within the day in both DC's. Meaning - the users are sometimes hopping between the data centres even though we have sticky sessions configured on the GSS at 12 hours. 

When the users are hopping between DC's with in the 12 hour stick period the keepalives are not failing - the only thing i can think of is the users upstream DNS servers are being load balanced over multiple IP's. The TTL for the A records is set at 2 minutes so the clients are querying the GSS every 2 minutes, i guess if their upstream DNS servers are being load balanced over multiple IP's then on some occasions the GSS may treat the request as a new session - thus pushing the client to a different DC. Is this possible?

Anyone come across this before?

I think the GSS and GTM solutions have too many dependencies on other infrastructure that is out of our control to meet given requirements, this being one of them. 

Any comments or feedback would be great.

Cheers 

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad
This widget could not be displayed.