Views
Helpful
Replies

Ability to force deskphone mode at first launch

gabriel.caclin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

If I configure Jabber for Windows client (9.1) with deskphone control and softphone mode as well, I notice that, at the first launch for a new user, it automatically set the Softphone mode.

Is there a way to force the user of deskphone mode at first launch (via config file or jabber-config.xml) ?

Thanks a lot!

best regards,

Gabriel

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Should be doable as described here:

CSCua58112 Bug Details

Jabber for Windows Needs Configuration for Defaulting to Deskphone Mode
Symptom:

The Jabber for Windows client does not have configuration for automatically controlling deskphone on login. With CUPC, there is a registry key to make users default to their deskphone (DeskphoneStartupMode or AutomaticTetheredPhoneSelection).

Conditions:

Pre-9.0 CUCM versions need to have this option configurable through jabber-config.xml file.

CUCM 9.0(1) has options to Enable "Automatically Start in Phone Control*" and "Automatically Control Tethered Desk Phone*" under Desktop Client Settings.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

Yes, we need this very badly. We have rolled out jabber to a customer where users have an extension mobility profile and a CSF device. It happens tons of times that users answer a call in jabber (assuming its on deskphone mode) and at the same time hold the handset. While Actually, they have a Softphone call which works, but with bad audio because the wrong mic is picking up the audio ;)

The auto-switch-to-tethered-phone should start working soon, I hope! And also, it needs to be able to cope with EM-login/logout after jabber login, because you just cannot guarantee the user logged in the phone before jabber starts. (We have this automated with windows login, but still sometimes the phones are a little slower than jabber login)

Hoping 9.2 will make a difference!

Regards,

Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks Chris for this, this came handy today.

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks Deji for nice rating. Always a plus to get one for an old post :-)

gabriel.caclin
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for the answer. If I understand correctly, this need to have a CUCM in version 9.

Put I am not sure to understand for CUCM v8.6 for exemple. It is written that we need to do it in the jabber-config.xml.

I didn't find any configuration regarding this feature. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gabriel

Hi,

Yes, CUCM 9 has the settings for it, but the current version of Jabber for Windows doesn't do anything with it.

We have to wait for a future Jabber for Windows 9.x/10.x for it to work. And when that feature is delivered it will obviously also come with new documentaion

Regards,

Erik Tamminga

Good day all,

I have CUCM 9.1(1)aSU1 and UC IM&P 9.1(1).

Will this functionality be enabled in J4W 9.2? Or is it available in J4W 9.1(3) and above?

I have looked for the Desktop Client Settings but have not found it in UCM or IM&P?

Cheers

Dana

This capability is on the roadmap but unfortuately has no current release date. I can confirm that it is not in 9.2.