Helpful
Replies

C8200-1N-4T voice card

nicanor00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need Cisco C8200-1N-4T with PVDM-32 card and Trunck E1 card

On cisco configurator, it look like the C8200-1N-4T cannot support both PVDM-32 (NIM-PVDM-32) card and Trunck E1 card (NIM-1MFT-T1/E1=) simultaneously

I would like to know if it is possible to have both NIM-PVDM-32 card and Truck E1 card NIM-1MFT-T1/E1= simultaneously on the C8200-1N-4T

C8200-1N-4TCisco Catalyst C8200-1N-4T Router
NIM-PVDM-32NIM PVDM with 32-channel DSP
NIM-1MFT-T1/E1=1 port Multiflex Trunk Voice/Clear-channel Data T1/E1 Module

Please help

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you reviewed how many NIM modules slots it supports?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

carlos.perez1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team, Since the ISR4000 already have an EoS announcement, I have to migrate to the Catalyst 8200/8300, but I miss the following question. When a NIM-1MFT-T1/E1 card is placed, it is true, it has to go with its PVDM4-32, but I also need another PVDM with 32 additional channels for transcoding and the equipment does not support putting a PVDM for the board (Mother Board ).

I see that it is possible to put a PVDM with more capacity on the NIM-1MFT-T1/E1 card, (if I put a but I don't know if the PVDM resources can be used, for example if I put a PVDM4-64),

I can use those plenty of resources for transcoding calls, is this purely for calls between offices? Someone has worked a similar scenario because upgrading to a Catalyst 8300 for one more PVDM, the equipment is too expensive.

If anyone has experience with these new equipment, I would appreciate it if you could comment on it.

Regards.

Normally you can use the PVDM on the E1/T1 card for media resources and call services. I have not seen anything specific on that this would be different in the 8K platform, so very likely it is the same as on other platforms.

Response Signature

That's what I would like to know, because if you can't use the transcoding resources if it hurts me, why putting a bigger team for an extra PVDM if it's more expensive. Can someone comment on their experience of use please.

I did a check, the NIM cards for UC services are the same between the ISR 4K and the Catalyst 8K. With this they have the same features and capabilities.

Response Signature

On isr 4k , PVDM inserted on mother board are dedicated  for media services .. But  if you have free resources on the NIM inserted PVDM you can use it for the media services.

On 8K, there is no option to insert the PVDM on mother board. if you need more resources you need SM where you can have more PVDMs.

PVDM enhanced Services Modules (SM-X-PVDM) for densities up to 3080 channels 

NIM PVDM for densities up to 256 channels

Response Signature

With 8200 only PVDM option is now in NIM or SM form. means you need the PVDM to be inserted on the NIM-1MFT-T1/E1= or SM. you cannot have them on the motherboard as ISR 4k. 

On CCW YOu have an option to select the PVDM under  NIM-1MFT-T1/E1.

Response Signature

in case put an 8200L or 8200 with a NIM-1MFT-T1/E1 card. with your PVDM-64, could the remaining resources be used for transcoding?

Does anyone know that if it is possible, because putting an additional module for transcoding is scaling to a catalyst 8300

That’s possible, you can have pvdm up to 256 on Nim and it can be shared. Means reaming resources can be used for media resources 

Response Signature

Hi

I need to replace ISR4321-V/K9

Which licence do I need to add on the C8200-1N-4T so it can work like voice gateway for the CUCM ?

Please help

Thanks for the information because I only need 1 E1 and it would use a 32-channel PVDM, so I used some additional channels and since it is a small venue I will place a PVDM-64 for transcoding and thus I save the extra module, dedicated for transcoding Now, if in the future the client migrates to SIP Trunk, could that PVDM that is associated with E1 be used only for transcoding? The card will be maintained but it would not be used.

Yes it can.

Response Signature