Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway X14.2 Compatibility with CUCM 11.5

Ivandy Muchlis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I already upgraded expressway core and edge from X12.5.3 to X14.2.1, after upgrade we don't have login jabber from internet. CUCM version is 11.5(1)SU3a,

and we uploaded certificate tomcat CUCM Publisher,Subscriber, and CIMP to Expressway Core and Edge 
Upload certificate Expressway Core to CUCM Publisher as tomcat-trust dan call- manager trust. 

based on link csr https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/unified/communications/system/Compatibility/CSR-Compatibility-Matrix-InteractiveHTML.html 

recomended version is X14.0.6, is that means CUCM 11.5 is not compatibel with expressway X14.2 ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Currently we can login jabber from internet. i did readd cucm and cimp server account and restart expressway C. 
Thanks for all Advice. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

BTW you dont need to upload the CUCM certificate to Expressway E as there is no communication between E and CUCM direct and its all through the Expressway C.

I dont think this as the compatibility, its probably something missing which is required with the latest Expressway  versions.

Have you restarted the  service mentioned after uploading the certificates on CUCM trust store.

Refer the below guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway/218018-troubleshoot-expressway-traffic-server-c.html

Also Try the short term solution by  apply the workaround as documented to fallback to the previous behavior before X14.2.0. You can perform on this through the CLI on the Expressway-C server nodes with the newly introduced command:

xConfiguration EdgeConfigServer VerifyOriginServer: Off

Response Signature

Hi Nithin, 

Thanks for your response. 

yes, after uploaded certif we already restarted service Tomcat,Call manager, dan TFTP. 
and try to Readd account CUCM Server dan IMP Server di Expressway

but it still doesn't solve the problem

Thanks 
Regards
Ivandy

If i remember correctly the HA proxy also need to be restarted.

Have you read the link i shared and tried the below

Also Try the short term solution by  apply the workaround as documented to fallback to the previous behavior before X14.2.0. You can perform on this through the CLI on the Expressway-C server nodes with the newly introduced command:

xConfiguration EdgeConfigServer VerifyOriginServer: Off

Response Signature

Hi Nithin, 

Thanks for your Response. 

Oke i will try it. 

Please wait for the next update for me. 

Thanks 

b.winter
VIP
VIP

If you check the matrix again, then it also says the minimum version is X12.5.
Which means, X14.2 is also supported.

But why didn't you update the Expressway to the latest X14.3.1? I doesn't make any sense to upgrade to an "older" version... Also considering the many security issues, which were fixed in 14.3.1

Hi, b.winter, 

Thanks for your response. 

FYI Beforely we tried upgrade to X.14.3.1. Expressway Core success upgrade, but Expressway Edge failed. the install process was successful but during the rebooting process expressway edge did'nt come up again. and we tried to check console VM, i attached the screenshot. therefore we tried to upgrade to 14.2.1 first and continue to 14.3.1 

From the screenshot shared the server is UP, what you mean by didnt come up. If you click on the console screen you will see the login option. what you see on the screen is normal console messages.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin, 

I mean after process system upgrade and rebooting expressway edge didn't come up and waited for more than 2 hour tried to ping is RTO, and when checking console VM as attached before and its stuck.  

FYI This issue only occurs if upgrade to X.14.3.1, when we upgrade to X.14.2.1 we don't see this logs and expressway edge come up after reboot (estimation 15 minutes). 

Currently we tried to resolve issue cannot login jabber from internet after upgrade to X.14.2.1 first with your workaround. 

Please wait for the next update. 
Thanks for Advice. 

Hi Nithin, 

Currently we can login jabber from internet and success call. But instant messaging menu is not function. screenshot i attached 

When login from internal(VPN), instant messaging is normal. 

is this an issue certificate? 

Thanks 

Currently we can login jabber from internet. i did readd cucm and cimp server account and restart expressway C. 
Thanks for all Advice.