Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM License Out Of Compliance

seventeen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

I have a problem in my CUCM it sounds like it might have lost the sync.because the licenses where forwarded to the customer's smart account. 

Should I deregister and reregister the SSM in CUCM License Management ? and how this action can be done ?

Else,have you an idea how can I fix this .

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Do you have the licenses on your SSM/CSSM ?

Try renew authorization.  is it direct connection or SSM deployment ?

NithinEluvathingal_0-1677584424639.png

Response Signature

Hi @Nithin Eluvathingal ,

Licenses are already on our Cisco Smart account.Just we need to activate them on the CUCM.

else, how can we renew authorization ?

If you google: cisco cucm smart licensing

You'll get a lot of resources on how to work with your CUCM and smart accounts.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What you really mean by License activation, The Smart licenses are not like your old CUCM licenses which you activate, generate licensees with a PAK.

New smart licenses when you place  order(subscription), based on the provisioning date mentioned on the order this will be available on your smart account.

If no dates mentioned, you will receive a welcome email/Provisioning mail which you need to click the URL mentioned and complete provisioning.

You can reach out to the partner though which you placed this order.

Response Signature

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Review the license status in your UCM. You don't state the version you're using, but, the recent versions using ELM/PLM/CSSU are all similar in concept. ELM/PLM shouldn't remove licensing unless someone removed it, or exhausted it from some other source, and checked into the same license manager. CSSU, if someone moved the licensing to another virtual account within your organization, you would need to de-register it, and re-register it to that account with an ID token. If the UCM has failed to contact the smart license server, and has lost its entitlement, a renew probably won't work, and you should attempt to repair the connectivity and authorization.

The details are found via search as Jaime says, and there are some guidance resources on the smart license portal available there after you sign in. TAC and GLO have always been great to assist with this sort of trouble as well.