cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I configure submenu in Unity Connection

kbeaton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a main menu working just fine. I call 1030 and the greeting plays and I choose option #1 but it's not getting to the greeting.
The numbers below are all System Call Handlers
1030 is a "CTI Route Point"
1031 I did not create a "CTI Route Point" for
I have 1030 as a System Call Handler and it's Partition pointed to my Unity Connection PUB server
"Search Scope" is set to "Inherit Search Space from Call"

Main Menu 1030
 Option #1 is supposed to send the caller to 1031 it says "Sorry this number did not answer" and plays 1030 again

Do I need to create a CTI Route Point for each number?

I have three levels to this menu so I need to figure this out.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Whatever number is sending the calls to CUC will need some kind of call-routing component in CUCM. So a DN or a CTIRP.

The top level System Call Handler will need the number sent by CUCM as the forwarding station in order for CUC to accept the call and send it to the Call Handler. (Or you can set up a Call Routing Rule.)

Subsequent Call Handlers (submenus) do not even need an extension. Create the three Call Handlers. Then configure a keypress (Caller Input) where a keypress transfers to a Call Handler and use that to create your menu tree at each level.

Untitled.jpg

Maren

View solution in original post

No, an extension is not required for a Call Handler. Note that the field does not have a * (which indicates a required field).

If you look at a User Voicemail Box, the Extension field does have a * indicating it is a required field.

Maren

The "Call Handler Basics" page is where the overall settings for the call handler are set. The recording on the Basics page is the "Recorded Name". If you think about a user's voicemail box and you think about the enrollment process, there is a step where you record your name. It's that same kind of thing for the call handler. It is used when CUC references the Call Handler elsewhere. 

The Standard Greeting is the actual thing that callers will hear when they hit the Call Handler itself. "Thank you for calling the offices of Acme Corp. If you would like accounting, please press 1...."

As far as I know, you can't delete a recording, but you can record over it at any time.

And here is the Blow Your Mind Moment: When thinking about Call Handlers and User Voicemail Boxes, you can think of a user's voicemail box as a call handler with extra options. All of the settings and features in a Call Handler (with only a couple of exceptions) are also available to an end-user voicemail box. But a voicemail box has a bunch of additional features and settings.

Maren

12 Replies 12

you must check the caller input settings on Call handler. Looks like it's not set properly. 

NithinEluvathingal_1-1698199023274.png

Response Signature

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Maybe you start by describing what you wanna do in the first place? So anybody trying to help understands what you are trying to do...

If 1031 is a DN on a phone, then the Partition of that DN has to be in the Redirecting Calling Search Space on the CUC SIP Trunk. The integration documents talk about the regular CSS for the CUC SIP Trunk, but are not clear on the Redirecting Calling Search Space and the Out-Of-Dialog Refer Calling Search Space which are used for situations like the one you describe.

Maren

Hi Maren, I think my issue is in understanding what has to be set up for each System Call Handler...
The main menu in my tree is 1030 and it has a CTI Route Point.
Do I need to set up a CTI Route Point for each System Call Handler I have in my tree?

1030 - main menu
            Sub menu - 1031
                 Sub menu - 1032
I can't dial the sub menus from the main menu and just dialing 1031 or 1032

No, you don't need CTI RPs for the menus.
You don't even need a CTI RP for the main menu. You could also point the number 1030 to Unity with a Route pattern.

If you press e.g. "1" and you are not reaching the sub-menu, then your caller input for number "1" is probably not configured correctly.
I bet it's easier, if you would post some screenshots of your config in Unity.

Whatever number is sending the calls to CUC will need some kind of call-routing component in CUCM. So a DN or a CTIRP.

The top level System Call Handler will need the number sent by CUCM as the forwarding station in order for CUC to accept the call and send it to the Call Handler. (Or you can set up a Call Routing Rule.)

Subsequent Call Handlers (submenus) do not even need an extension. Create the three Call Handlers. Then configure a keypress (Caller Input) where a keypress transfers to a Call Handler and use that to create your menu tree at each level.

Untitled.jpg

Maren

Thanks Maren!

This is the information I was looking for!!!

Kelvin

Hi Maren,

This information is GREAT!

I've learned a ton putting this together!

Thank you!

Kelvin

I have a follow up question.
Is the "Extension" field required required for a Call Handler?
My main menu has an extension, but the sub menus I'm sending the caller input to a Call Handler with Go Directly to Greeting set.

Do the sub menus need the Extension field filled in?

Thanks in advance!

No, an extension is not required for a Call Handler. Note that the field does not have a * (which indicates a required field).

If you look at a User Voicemail Box, the Extension field does have a * indicating it is a required field.

Maren

Hi Maren, thanks for all your help!

I thought of a couple more questions.

When should a audio file be uploaded to the Basic Call Handler verses to the Standard Greeting?
I mistakenly uploaded an audio file to the Basic call handler, can I remove it?

The "Call Handler Basics" page is where the overall settings for the call handler are set. The recording on the Basics page is the "Recorded Name". If you think about a user's voicemail box and you think about the enrollment process, there is a step where you record your name. It's that same kind of thing for the call handler. It is used when CUC references the Call Handler elsewhere. 

The Standard Greeting is the actual thing that callers will hear when they hit the Call Handler itself. "Thank you for calling the offices of Acme Corp. If you would like accounting, please press 1...."

As far as I know, you can't delete a recording, but you can record over it at any time.

And here is the Blow Your Mind Moment: When thinking about Call Handlers and User Voicemail Boxes, you can think of a user's voicemail box as a call handler with extra options. All of the settings and features in a Call Handler (with only a couple of exceptions) are also available to an end-user voicemail box. But a voicemail box has a bunch of additional features and settings.

Maren