cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to provide an access only to CDR reporting for a user

chandru_bbc
Level 1
Level 1

I want grant access to an user only for CDR reporting. I have created the roles and assigned to the group. That same role has been added to the user profile.

After adding the profile to that user and by logging into CAR tool it gives the below window. Not showing the correct headers in the webpage portal.

How to get those headers and only with the CDR reports access?

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don’t see a screenshot, so please add that. Also specify exactly which User Groups you added; I’d expect at least Standard CAR Admin Users.

chandru_bbc
Level 1
Level 1

CDR webpage.PNG

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

I'd suggest using another call reporting tool -> VoIP Detective.  There is a free version that will allow you to give an end user access to call reports for themselves or others, as you choose. 

If you'd like to stick with CAR, then the below may help.  It would appear that individual users  may only generate billing reports.

Roles

CAR provides reporting capabilities for three levels of users:

• Administrators use all the features of CDR Analysis and Reporting; for example, they can generate system reports to help with load balancing, system performance, and troubleshooting.

• Managers can generate reports for users, departments, and QoS to help with call monitoring for budgeting or security purposes and for determining the voice quality of the calls.

• Individual users can generate a billing report for calls.

Any user can act as a CAR administrator. Users who have been identified as CAR administrators have full control over the CAR system. The administrator can modify all the parameters that relate to the system and the reports.

Reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/callReportingBillingAdmin/14/cucm_b_reporting-billing-administration-guide-14/cucm_b_reporting-and-billing-administration-guide_chapter_01.html#reference_B8A33FA55FB6D97206951CD6107CB79A