Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&Presence 10.5.2 - Cisco Sync Agent[STOPPED] Component is not running

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I am trying to integrate CUCM with with Cisco IM&Presence. Iniatilly I see the the message:

""Error Occured While retrieving information from database.The connection between presence and CUCM Publisher is down". In the service don´t appear nothing options. I already did restart twices in the Server, but, the problem remain. The Service Sync Agent don´t stay started.

Any have idea, about this?

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

8 Replies 8

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Lab server or production if this is a lab I would just delete the server from CUCM in the server section. Then I would just reinstall IMP. If it is giving you that much trouble.

Hi Gregory,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. Answering Your question, anytime in the past someone started the installation, but, by any reason don´t finished (I don´t have history about this). Now I am trying put to work. In this moment I don´t have available to do reinstall de IM&Presence, because, I don´t have access the VM Server and media to do install. Is need to restart the CUCM Cluster?

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

which version you had for IMP & CUCM ? just make sure IMP & CUCM havesame version.
Regards, Habibi

Hi Habibi,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. Follow the information that You requested for me:

Cisco Unified CM Administration
System version: 10.5.2.15900-8
VMware Installation: 1 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 0 @ 2.30GHz, disk 1: 80Gbytes, 4096Mbytes RAM, Partitions aligned
WARNING: DNS unreachable

10.5(2)SU5

Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence Administration
System version: 10.5.2.24900-8
VMware Installation: 1 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 0 @ 2.30GHz, disk 1: 80Gbytes, 4096Mbytes RAM
WARNING: DNS unreachable

10.5(2)SU3

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

Looks different version, you should have cucm version higher than imp version or make it same version

Dns unreachable cause you did not configure A record and PTR record.  If your cucm able to reach the dns server,and you already had A record and PTR record it should be working 

Regards, Habibi

Hi Habibi,

I verified in download software area and there are not the same version to CUCM and IM&Presence. Verifying again the version that I sent for You the ISO are different. I don´t have practice with IM & Presence installation, what is the best alternative to solve this. To do upgrade for last version for both Applications?

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

do you have access to open case with TAC ? better open your case last time i discussed with TAC and they provide the software directly.
Regards, Habibi

Hi Habibi,

No, unfortunatelly I don´t have the contrac wih Cisco associated in my profile to can to open the TAC.

Thanks,

Regards,

Wilson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: