Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber not showing when on a call status

Simon Roberts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am unable to get Jabber to show on “Call status”. Our setup is as following: Call Manager 8.5; Cisco Presence server 8.6.4( 2 servers in our cluster) ; Jabber client - 9.1.3.

Jabber client is currently provide IM/ Presence, desktop phone integration and calendar integration with our in-house Exchange 2010 servers.

I have search and reviewed similar issues posted on this forum but none have worked.

• CUPS Presence Gateway is set to ip address of one of our Call Manager subscriber servers that runs ccmservice
  • I have deleted and recreated SIP trunk following guidance. I have used destination ip address and host name of our Primary CUPS server with port 5060
  • CUP server licences are current -show as Permanent and 0 days to expiry
  • All users in our Call Manager are associated with device profiles so they are associated with directly with DN’s

Any assistance in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Simon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Simon

The most common error here is that the actual line appearances must be associated to the user. For clarity that's not the device assocaitions on the end user page.

You would do this by browsing to your device profile in CCMAdmin, then clicking on the DN. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and there will be a 'user associations' section; you need to link that line appearance back to the user account.

If you don't have any luck after that, look into setting up DNS SRV records for the CUCM cluster and the CUPS cluster. You'll have to put the SRV records into seperate DNS subdomains (e.g. cucm.cust.com and cups.cust.com) to seperate them; then point the CUCM trunk at cucm.cust.com, and the CUPS CUCM Gateway at cucm.cust.com.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Simon

The most common error here is that the actual line appearances must be associated to the user. For clarity that's not the device assocaitions on the end user page.

You would do this by browsing to your device profile in CCMAdmin, then clicking on the DN. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and there will be a 'user associations' section; you need to link that line appearance back to the user account.

If you don't have any luck after that, look into setting up DNS SRV records for the CUCM cluster and the CUPS cluster. You'll have to put the SRV records into seperate DNS subdomains (e.g. cucm.cust.com and cups.cust.com) to seperate them; then point the CUCM trunk at cucm.cust.com, and the CUPS CUCM Gateway at cucm.cust.com.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Cheers Aaron. As soon as I associated User device profile with DN and UDP to end user as a “CTI Controlled Device Profile” phone presence started working .

Simon

Good stuff!

Aaron

Aaron,

Is there a workaround for this for extensions that are shared amongst multiple Jabber phones? In our case, our IT Help Desk has ~10 people with the same extension added to their Jabber phones. In this case, we cannot associate a user to the line because that would affect everyone else, but when techs are on the phone using that shared extension their status does not change to "On a call" in Jabber. Is there anything we can do?

Thanks,

Zach