cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a server to cluster failed uccx 8

Wonxie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have uccx 8.5 on esxi. one node is running fine however i want to add another node to make cluster. i am gettign below error whne i try to add a lan cluster.

"Add to Cluster is failed because of ClusterException No HA license available. Upload HA license on the first node and retry the operation"

Wonxie_0-1677442311202.png

one the primary node under display license i see HA is enabled.

Wonxie_0-1677442141921.png 

On the PRI server when i check server details its shown as below. when i click the info icon of sec server it gives some details where it lists mac and server type . there i see below for the sec server.

StatePARTIAL SERVICE
  Hardware TypeMCSVMware

and for the pri server its showing as below.

StatePARTIAL SERVICE
  Hardware TypeMCSVMware

Wonxie_0-1677443098791.png

any clue whats wrong ?

8 Replies 8

First off, that is a version of UCCX that is past end of support. Are you sure that you have the cluster DB password correct? I wonder if that error is indicating that the subscriber can't communicate correctly with the publisher.

has they been a HA server before on that cluster.

I know back in the early version, when you remove a Ha server, it wasn't really remove, so TAC has to go into the DB and remove it. After that you could add one again.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

i will have to check with outgoing voip administrator about its history and get back to you once i get some fruitfull info from him. as at this time i am not perfectly sure.

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @Wonxie 

What confuses me in your screenshot - your primary server is in PARTIAL SERVICE. But it should be IN SERVICE for full operation, I guess. May be one of the services responsible for DB and license operation is down and that's why the system doesn't see your HA license installed. 

Can you please check why your primary server is in partial service? You can do it via CCX Serviceability web interface and see there which services cause PARTIAL SERVICE status. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

nic blog .i book marked it.

sir here is the service that is in partial service.

Wonxie_0-1677691439869.png

no service is running on secondary node.

Wonxie_1-1677691514374.png

Can you please expand Manager Manager services and send another screenshot?

Hi Dmytro, 

Here it is.

Wonxie_0-1677744406038.png

Hi @Wonxie 

The Database Manager seems to be ok. Your Primary Server is in PARTIAL SERVICE because of the Application Manager, which is also in PARTIAL SERVICE. The reasons, why it is in PARTIAL SERVICE is described in this post:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/application-manager-in-partial-service-date-format-exception/td-p/2591535

To say the truth, I don't think that Application Manager's PARTIAL SERVICE causes the problem with your HA license. However, it is Cisco and everything is possible. So, try first to fix it and then see if something change in the system behavior. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog