Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding NTP servers to UCCX

Jesse3620
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

We need to configure additional NTP servers to our UCCX servers. I understand this is one of the parameters that will change the license mac on the server and force us to contact Cisco to rehome our license. 

Can anyone, that has done this before, provide more info on the process please? We're doing it during a maintenance window but want to understand if there's a grace period before license expiration, how long it takes to rehome the license, etc.

Thank you! 

4 Replies 4

Konstantin Vaksin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

You can find out, which MAC will be generated with this tool.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/applicat/content/cuc-afg/index.html

As soon as you know License MAC, you can ask Licensing team to generate new License file, so you can minimize downtime.

Hopefully it helps
Kostia

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

I havent worked on CCX in quite some time (last one was 10.x) that said, I thought the MAC Lic doesnt change anymore after 10.x. In all previous cases, I have followed the basic rules:
1. Perform the change during a Maintenance Window (let the biz know that they may be impacted)

2. Raise a TAC SR before you make the change (Also make sure you take all the necessary backups esp the MAC Lic details)

3. After the change, if the Lic reseating is required, you can reach out to the TAC CSE to help you get a new copy of the Lic file.

Regards

I could be wrong, but I believe it was deleting the 1st NTP server that would change the license MAC. I think you can add additional ones without an issue, but I agree with @Wilson Samuel that you should do this during a maintenance window and be prepared to call TAC in case you do need the license re-hosted.

Agree with Elliot.

It is only the 1st NTP server that will change the MAC. Any additionel is "free".

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.