Views
Helpful
Replies

Agents Logging based on Line number

partheeban1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need to know whether based on line number the call be routed to agnets or not .Below are the configurations in my setup.

Agents ID - UCCE- 7XXX series

Agent Target Rule - 3000- 3999

Phone Line 1 - 7000 series (Allowed for CTI Control)

Phone Line 2 - 3000 series (Allowed for CTI Control)

Some Agents login with EM profile and other from physcial phone so i have associated PG user with the both device mac and device profile.

Now my call routing works fine when agents login with below

Agent ID - 7XXX series

Extension - 3XXX

But agents logging with agent id in 7XXX series and agent extension in 7XXX series . The call will not route to agents becuase of my ATR. I thought to added the 7XXX series but the lines are shared so i cant able to do that.

So i need to restrict the agents when they are logging with extension 7XXX series . Is there any way to do this ?

Thanks,

Parthee

3 Replies 3

If you're asking if you can configure the system to not route calls to agents with extension 7XXX?  No.  Why don't you put them in a seperate skill group?  Heck, why are they even login in if they will not be taking calls?

david

jessepbeatty
Level 1
Level 1

Are you saying that you only want to allow agents to log into the 3xxx extension and prevent them from logging into the 7xxx extension?

As you know, the device is associated with the pguser, not the individual lines, so that won't prevent an agent from logging in on a non-ACD line on an ACD phone.

Agent Targeting Rules are great in that they significantly reduced the amount of configuration that was previously needed with Device Targets. Unfortunately, they also lose one of the capabilities that was available with Device Targets.

There's a registry key located at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\ICM\<customer>\<PG#X>\PG\CurrentVersion\PIMS\pim#\EAGENTData\Config\RejectLoginWithoutDeviceTarget

Setting this key to "1" prevents an agent from logging into an invalid line on a phone that also has a valid line associated with the pguser. However, there is no ATR version of this key. While ATR and DT essentially work in the same way (ATR just builds a dynamic table in memory as far as I understand), enabling the key only checks actual configured DTs. Essentially, using it when using ATR instead of DT prevents anyone from logging in. At least that was the case in 7.x. I have not had the opportunity to test in 8.x. It would be nice if this feature was available when using ATRs.

Thanks for your reply david and jessepbeatty.

Customer is excepting to block the 7XXX extension which is in line 1 but it is purely based on agent training.As said by jessepbeatty there is option  with DT not with ATR .