Helpful
Replies

AMA Forum - Architecture, Design, Deployment, Troubleshoot CCE Finesse

Community Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ask Me Anything Forum

Architecture, Design, Deployment, and Troubleshooting on CCE Finesse

Cisco Finesse helps businesses and organizations deliver a Connected Digital Experience, enabling you to deliver contextual, continuous, and capability-rich journeys for your customers, across time and channels. Cisco Finesse is a next-generation agent and supervisor desktop designed to provide a collaborative experience for the various communities that interact with your customer service organization. It also helps improve the customer experience while offering a user-centric design to enhance customer care representative satisfaction

To participate in this event, please use the reply.jpg button below to ask your questions

Ask questions from Wednesday, June 29 to Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Our experts

ritdesai.jpgRitesh Desai is a Technical Consulting Engineer with the Contact Center Backbone team in the Asia-Pacific time zone. He has around nine years of Cisco Contact Center experience. He is currently associated with CCE TAC and has previously been a part of the Cisco Partner Implementation Team for CCX and CCE projects. His skills include a vast understanding of Cisco Contact Center solutions from presales to post sales role. He is working closely on Cisco Finesse in regard to the design, integrations, and customizations. He holds a master’s degree in IT Project Management and Telecom Management. He is also a Microsoft Certified Professional and has CCNA Collaboration and CCNP Collaboration certifications.

sgudemel.jpgSharath Gudemella is a Technical Consulting Engineer with the Contact Center Backbone team in the Asia-Pacific time zone. He has around nine years of Cisco Contact Center experience. He is currently associated with CCE TAC and has previously worked on the implementation of UCCE and UCCX projects. His skills include an expansive understanding of the Cisco Collaboration Suite. He is working closely on Cisco Finesse in regard to the design, integrations, and customizations. He has an extensive knowledge of the Contact Center components and its implementation.

For more information please visit; Collaboration / Contact Center.

* This event is free and open to all audiences, including business partners, network and telecommunications engineers, students, and Cisco customers.

14 Replies 14

ritdesai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Cisco Community members...

Good Morning and Good Evening to community members in their respective timezone's.

Pleased to welcome you all in UCCE Finesse Ask Me Anything (AMA) session. It would be great to have interactive sessions and give you the answers in best possible way me and Sharath can...

Lets have a conversation....

regards,

CISCO

thanks and regards,
Ritesh Desai
Please mark useful if it helps you. Mark answered if it is answered.

Erik Peterson
Level 4
Level 4

Is it possible to brand the Finesse login page with customer specific logo/wording?  Not the desktop itself post-login, but the login page itself.

Hi Erik,

Yes, its possible by replacing the image from Finesse root. Refer to attach image for understanding.

thanks and regards,
Ritesh Desai

Great thanks. Is the process documented somewhere?  I've not been able to find it.

Hi @Erik Peterson  As stated, the changes are only possible through root hence not documented publicly. Reach to TAC during your working hours.

thanks and regards,
Ritesh Desai

@ritdesai , thank you for sharing. For the change in the login page logo, is that only certain versions, like 12.6, or potentially other older versions as well? And is there a defect or case or documentation where this is listed that we can refer to when we open the case?

Hi @bill.king1 , confused as you referred to "logo". Are you asking logo that is visible post login on top left or background image on finesse agent login page like i have attached in the above response to @Erik Peterson 
Having organizations background image has been requested by many organizations for branding, agent and organization experience. This is not defect. This post can be referred in future when you in need of same feature. Have checked on v12.5 & 12.6 finesse versions. Should be also feasible on 12.0 versions.

thanks and regards,
Ritesh Desai

Agents who are on a break receive "Not Ready-CTI Connection Failure on their Finesse Desktop" 

They are able to change the reason to "Not Ready" or "Ready" once they are back.

Because of this, their metrics are affected. Already did checked on Finesse, there is no Failover or any other issues.

Hello @AnoopKrishnan123 

Error clearly state, the cti connection failure. You trace the root cause, are agents locking the system while they on break, look into CUCM syslog if any ip phone reporting failure events, agent event table Reason code tagged to agent skilltargetID or agent report state, "system defined errors codes". System defined error codes like 32xxx, 500xx, 65xxx. If yes, then you can refer to URL for understanding of the respective reason codes.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1161/Admin/guide/cfin_b_cisco-finesse-administration-guide-116/cfin_b_cisco-finesse-administration-guide-116_chapter_0110.html

BOSCH failure between agent machines to Finesse server would loose connections and certainly system would report cti failure. BOSCH connection failure can be seen in finesse console logs.

Understanding of BOSCH communication is available at;

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express-1151/211376-Technote-on-How-Bosh-Connection-Works-fo.html

Hope I answered your question...

thanks and regards,
Ritesh Desai

Hello @AnoopKrishnan123 - Adding to the above you can check with not ready reason codes which they are getting moved as well. Either it might be due to connection failure or device timeout.  you can get the results by executing the Not ready historical report in CUIC if you know the agent's details. Else you can execute the below query which will get you complete details of the agent's ID.

Select AE.SkillTargetID,AE.LoginDateTime,AE.DateTime,AE.Duration,AE.DbDateTime

,AE.ReasonCode,A.EnterpriseName

From Agent_Event_Detail AS AE,Agent As A where A.SkillTargetID = AE.SkillTargetID and AE.ReasonCode IN ( '50002','50003','32767') and AE.DateTime > :Start_Date

Sharath Gudemella
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ritdesai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello folks!

Cisco Finesse Architecture, Deployment and Troubleshooting PRESENTATION DECK v1.0 attached covering latest v12.6(1) released.

Attached presentation covers the main focus on websockets communication which is only supported over XMPP going forward... FYI, BOSH is deprecated from 12.6(1). 

Key highlights of this presentation and covers below topics,

Mentioned list of new features introduced in Cisco Finesse v12.6(1).

1. Architecture - Finesse
  2. Deployment - Finesse
  3. WebSockets v/s BOSH protocol flow
  4. Snippet of how the WebSocket tunnel setup and upgrade header from network HAR logs.
  5. Finesse server and agent desktop network considerations when Finesse node is on WAN.
  6. Serviceability of Finesse - key main services in Cisco Finesse hosting finesse applications.
  7. List of features released in Cisco Finesse.
  8. Logging enhancement's in Cisco Finesse v12.6(1) 
  9. Finesse System URL's.
  10. Possibilities of Finesse OOS.
  11. Best practices while raising SR with TAC.
  12. Important URL's to keep handy.

Do leverage the opportunity to discuss about the finesse topic and we would be ready to assist you.

Looking forward on same...

thanks and regards,
Ritesh Desai

NewRobert
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to build our contact center using current users from that team but I run into the problem of them not being allowed to have multiple lines and be a Contact Center agent. So I'm struggling with how to set it all up before we go live to allow for training unless I just have to re-assign extensions to everyone.

Hello Robert,

Can you get me a few more details on what problem you are facing for the multi-line? If you have configured the CUCM PG, Share with me the output from the procmon tool for the device_config also share with me the output of select * from [dbo].[t_Peripheral.

Also what is the version of the ucce you are trying to build.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: