cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio element plays old wav file and not newly recorded wav file

Amith Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

I have a record with confirm element in CVP. Recording is working and getting saved properly, however when I try to playback the file from an option in a new menu it plays the old file and not the newly recorded file. When I play the file from file system where the recording was saved, I can hear the new wav file. PLease see screenshot below for configuration

4 Replies 4

hi Amit,
Did you check the file in VXML gateway cache? issue stale command to clear the cache and try again.
set http client cache stal
Regards,
shalid

if I clear cache then I can play the new file. however this is not feasible in our production environment. this scripts accepts new messages from callers and the wav file gets uploaded every couple of hours. So we need to find a way to automatically let the VXML gateway fetch information everytime for this file

Hi Amit,

in that case, you can change the IIS minimum cache expiry settings for this particular folder. 

iis setting.JPG

instead of min, you can choose 1 second. so every time VXML request for the media file, the file will be downloaded from CVP media server. 

IIS configuration manager,

Select the folder

select HTTP Response Headers in the center,

from  Actions panel (the right panel),

click on Set Common Headers

Regards,

Shalid

Rate helpful post and mark as answered if it relevant 

If you add a parameter to your wav file name it confuses the vxml browser and stops it caching the wav file

Any parameter value will do

Welcome.wav?a=a

This has an impact on performance so you will need to make your own decision if this will adversely affect your system.

Graham

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: