cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blind and Consultive Transfer in UCCE ?

4rajnivashisht
Level 1
Level 1

Request to tell me the call flow and configuration require for blind and consultive transfer from agent phone ?

also please tell me what will be the difference if the agent is transfering call from ip phone and agent desktop?

Thanks,

Rajni Vashisht

10 Replies 10

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Agent transfers are a little different from a phone transfer. With agent transfers it all depends on what you want to do

You have the following options

1. Agent transfer to another queue

2. Agent transfer to Another Agent

3. Agent transfer to a regular ip phone

The configuration is different depending on what you want to do.

The major difference between direct transfer ( blind) and consultative is basically how CSS is configured in CUCM. In consult transfer the IP phone is the one making the call ( even if this is done from finesse desktop). In Blind transfer it is the SIP trunk from CVP/CUSP that is making the call. So you need a few things to this work.

Generally it is not advised to use blind transfer in Finesse because you want to ensure the caller connects to the called agent or user before the call is disconnected

Please rate all useful posts

so for blind transfer would be 

dialed number from finesse---> route pattern in cucm--->cvp---->icm---->dn+calltype+Script schedule

????

Thanks

Rajni Vashisht

Hi There,

In UCCE I would advised to use CTI RP based transfer and not CVP router pattern based transfers.

The reason is, when you transfer using CTI RP and through Agent desktop, you are not going to loose the CTI data of your initial call. it can be passed to the transfer script.

While if you use the Route Pattern you on a risk of loosing that data.

and transfers are advised to be done using Agent desktop and not hard-phone.

Absolutely agree - only use Route Patterns if you don't care about preserving call context.

So if you want to have a number that internal callers can dial for self-service, by all means, use a Route Pattern and send the call to CVP across the SIP trunk. Otherwise, and this really covers all cases, use a Route Point. In this case, the Send To VRU node executes a 2 stage transfer using labels and correlation IDs: first to get the call (with context) to CVP then to get the call to the gateway and set up the VRU leg.

It's OK if agents transfer using the hard phone because it will work if correctly configured, but it is better that they use Finesse, and if they do, you can create entries in the Dial Number Plan, fake the Post Route, and avoid the trip to UCM. Call context is preserved.

Regards,
Geoff

Geoff, 

Finesse, and if they do, you can create entries in the Dial Number Plan, fake the Post Route, and avoid the trip to UCM. Call context is preserved.

Could you explain what you mean by this statement.

Geoff/Chintan

How do you guys do agent to agent transfer generally. Today we have CTI route point pointing to a icm which calls an agent transfer script with an agent to agent node. The challenge with this is that you have  to create a dialled number per each cucm routing  client for each agent.  On cucm you use a wild card for the CTI route point but not in icm. Is there a better way to do this.? 

Please rate all useful posts

With the DNP (Dial Number Plan) you still have to create dialed numbers and map them to a call type and schedule the script. But instead of creating a  route point in UCM and associating it with the PG JTAPI user, you can create a back door to execute the post route from a CTI client.

This only works from CTI - which these days, basically means from Finesse.

A DNP table is created and stored by the PG. When a call comes in from a number that matches a pattern in the DNP table, the PG executes the post route without contacting Call Manager.

You create DNP entries using the Bulk Insert tool in Config Explorer. There is no tool in the normal place. You must have Agent Desk Settings configured with the Private Network checked - that is what you use in the DNP.

This is documented. I highly recommend it even if you have created the Route Points so calls/transfers can be made from IP phones. If you create the DNPs with the same numbers, the PG will give preference to the DNP way - slightly more efficient than going to UCM.

Regards,
Geoff

Geoff/Chintan,

request to tell the configuration steps one by one for Blind And Consultive Transfer.

Thanks,

Rajni Vashisht

This is quite well documented and there are no real issues.

On this forum, it's far better if you have a crack at it and post what you think the steps are from reading the Cisco material. You will learn more that way.

We would be happy to review what you post.

Regards,
Geoff

We in our setup done specifically use Agent - Agent Routing, the Agents in one of my setup for transfer dials CTI Route Point and gets queued to skill group and not to specific agent.

For Agent to Agent, apart from what Geoff explained about the DNP, you can also do

a script which your agents can call into for transfers (one generic number per PG) --> using IVR collect the agent ID which they wish to transfer to --> use queue to agent node with the collected AgentID to queue the call to that specific agent.

Hi Ayodeji,

I am facing an issue with blind transfer where the call gets disconnected as soon as I do a blind transfer (agent transferring call to another agent using agent ID). On the second agent finesse it shows agent is reserved but call is not landing on agent phone. So it works fine when we check MTP required check box on the SIP trunk to CC CUSP / CVP on leaf cluster. Is there a requirement for MTP for blind transfer scenarios. We face this issue only for Dialler OB calls , for Inbound call blind transfer works fine ... Any suggestions ?

Please also direct me to any documents related to blind transfer configuration in UCCE