Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD 7.5.8 on Windows 7

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

Has anyone running CAD 7.5.8 on Windows 7 ? Any issues/concerns that you can share ? Thanks in advance !!!

I am currently running CAD 7.5.8 with UCCE 7.5.8 and all CAD clients today are running Windows XP sp2. I would like to find out if CAD 7.5.8 is compatible with Windows 7 as I will be migrating all client machines to Windows 7 soon. I looked at the release notes on CAD 7.5.8 but didn't find anything on Windows 7.

Thanks again !!

D.

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You need to get to CAD 7.6.1

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

According to the latest Compatibility Guide, you should be fine upgrading CAD to 7.6(1) while leaving UCCE at 7.5(8) :

Check out the install guide here.

And an excerpt from the upgrade section on page 84:

"If you are upgrading to CAD 7.6 from CAD 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, or 7.5, you can install CAD 7.6

directly over the previous version. You can also upgrade an older version of CAD 7.6 to

the current CAD 7.6 version by installing the current version over the previous version."

There are a few other notes in that section that you should be aware of concerning reason codes, BARS, replication, etc.

Don't forget to apply the 7.6(2) Maintenance Release immediately after the full 7.6(1) install to fix the problem with the Agent desktop.

You want to do this on the server so any Agent MSI downloaded from the TUP section of Tomcat will be correct. Otherwise, you can get this interesting effect

Regards,

Geoff

12 Replies 12

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You need to get to CAD 7.6.1

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff !!! Thanks for helping me out !!!

Questions:

I am currently running UCCE 7.5.8 with CAD 7.5.8. Can I upgrade CAD to 7.6.x without upgrading UCCE ? Do I just simply install CAD 7.6.x on top of 7.5.8 ? Anything special with this CAD upgrade ?

Thanks again !!

D.

According to the latest Compatibility Guide, you should be fine upgrading CAD to 7.6(1) while leaving UCCE at 7.5(8) :

Thank you very much for helping me out !!!

Questions:

Anything special with the upgrade process ? Do I just simply install CAD 7.6.x on top of 7.5.8 ?

Thanks again !!!

D.

"If you are upgrading to CAD 7.6 from CAD 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, or 7.5, you can install CAD 7.6

directly over the previous version. You can also upgrade an older version of CAD 7.6 to

the current CAD 7.6 version by installing the current version over the previous version."

There are a few other notes in that section that you should be aware of concerning reason codes, BARS, replication, etc.

Thanks again !!! I very much appreciate your help !!! I will go through the install doc.

D.

Don't forget to apply the 7.6(2) Maintenance Release immediately after the full 7.6(1) install to fix the problem with the Agent desktop.

You want to do this on the server so any Agent MSI downloaded from the TUP section of Tomcat will be correct. Otherwise, you can get this interesting effect

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff !! Very much appreciate your help !!!

Could you confirm below for me !!!

Do I just simply download 7.6.x and install it on top of 7.5.8 ? Any special database backup/restore that I need to go through to get to 7.6.x ?

Thanks again !!

D.

Read the CAD Guide again - it's all there, although not that well explained.

On the Primary:

1. Backup the CAD LDAP (Directory Services) using the CDBRTool.exe

2. Backup the RASS using BackupDB.bat

3. Log out the Domain Admin and log in as the local admin

4. Run PostInstall.exe and make screen shots of the current config to help you later.

5. When you get to the Replication screens, remove replication

6. Turn off the Secondary now.

7. Run setup_761.exe

8. After install, the config tool opens, so enter the details using your screen shots. It doesn't matter that much because when you get to the end, you are going to import the config from the LDAP.

8. At the Recording and Statistics Database step, check the button “Restore recording metadata (BackupDB)” and use the “Browse” button to navigate to where you saved the RASS DB.

9. At the Restore Backup step, check the button “Yes” under “Do you have saved data?” and enter the Backup Folder Location

Press the Save button.

10. Cancel the Licencing Application if it pops up

Do the secondary in  a similar way.

Then back to the primary and set up replication on both LDAP and RASS. Make sure you are local admin.

Apply the 7.6(2) MR

Regards,

Geoff

We are runnning CAD 7.5.8 client on Windows 7 system without having any issue...I have followed below workaround solution.

http://www.lphelps.com/archives/2010/04/installing-cisco-agent-desktop-and-supervisor-on-windows-7/

With regards,

Bhuhsan

jessepbeatty wrote:

I do not see this excerpt in the CAD 7.6 install guide so I'm assuming this has since been removed.

Shot in the dark here but does anyone happen to have screenshots of what the Agents will see when launching CAD (assuming auto updates are enabled)?

Geoff, agreed that it's not very well explained in the install guide.

Do the credentials for IPPA and SOAP get pulled back in on the restore? Customer may not have the creds from the original install.