cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD agent login issue

Stuart Cross
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue where by randomly extensions we use suddenly stop being able to log in.  

The error message is attached.  The config is exactly the same as the hundreds of other users we have set up and working ok.  The issue just appears to randomly effect certain numbers.  

When checking the CAD logs we get an error.

agent.5000.8836] eControlFailureConf : (PrphID:5000 FailCode:70 PrphErrCode:10160 AGID:8836 UniqObjID:agent.5000.8836 MsgID:eControlFailureConf MsgTyp:eSetAgentStateRequest ErrMsg:Error [10160] Invalid phone configuration.  

I know this error is pointing to a config issue but we have been through it with a fine tooth comb and it's the same across the board.  We use UDPs controlled via CTI for login, no actual hardphones in the pgjtapi application group on CUCM.

Any ideas anyone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

deepakcn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stuart,

Can you check if the agents IPCC extension on CUCM has max calls 2 and busy trigger 1. If not then just try and set it to max calls/busy trigger values to 2 and 1 respectively and reset the agents Phone and let me know if it helps. Also let me know if the agents IPCC extension is on line 1 or 2

Regards,

Deepak

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Any chance your DNS settings are off on these machines? What about a firewall?

david

We use UDPs. You can try at different desks and still you get the error.  Desks that you can log in fine using other agent accounts.

I did see that post and attempt it, but it doesn't make a difference.  I don;t believe that would even be related anyhow, the busy trigger has nothing to do with CAD controlling a phone for login.

Can you launch CTIOS desktop enable logs and attempt to login and post the results?

david

Hello Stuart,

Have you tried to login CAD using different phone. If not kindly check and update.

If you were able to login, then the particular phone which u tried to login earlier might be in out of service even its powered on state.

deepakcn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stuart,

Can you check if the agents IPCC extension on CUCM has max calls 2 and busy trigger 1. If not then just try and set it to max calls/busy trigger values to 2 and 1 respectively and reset the agents Phone and let me know if it helps. Also let me know if the agents IPCC extension is on line 1 or 2

Regards,

Deepak

Hello, 

I have checked this and it was the issue.  The reason I didn't spot it the first time was that the user was incorrectly being given two lines.  The first line, which they used as there IPCC extension was set to 2 and 1.  However the second extension was set to 4 and 2 which was causing the problem.  I have removed the second line and it works ok.

Also, the best place to find the answer to this issue was in the PG event viewer application logs. It clearly stated what the issue was.