Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Doesn't Reach uccx agent but reaches initial script

Sonam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
Contact center with uccx and cucm working fine for more than 3 years. I am trying to add new trigger in uccx for new telco operator with SIP Trunk with cucm. Connection all done . I am trying to get call to the same team in uccx for calls from new telco.
Problem is i am able to dail toll free number and call lands on uccx script but when option for Menu(press 1 for .. etc) comes it does not proceed further. Call is landing on uccx script but not reaching uccx agent. 
Kindly help me with this problem. Kindly share if there is any doc relate to this .

2 Replies 2

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi, this could happen for a couple reasons.

So the non CCX reason quite possibly could be your not passing DTMF properly - on the incoming SIP trunk, a quick way to test this is to force an MTP on all calls, then try it out.

If still nothing, please post your script for the menu so we can see what is happening.

Yeah, for some deployments, people use the inband DTMF relay method rtp-nte (aka rfc283, aka 4733) for the PSTN side of the SIP trunk and therefore, think it needs to be rtp-nte end-to-end. However, UCCX requires an Out of Band DTMF method, such as any DTMF relay supplied by the signaling protocol (SIP, SCCP, MGCP, CTI, etc.). CUBE has been able to interwork inband to OOB for some time now, so having rtp-nte and sip-kpml involved in the call, for example, works fine.

This was just asked the other day:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/dtmf-is-not-working-for-more-than-40-calls/m-p/4117274

Also, I don't think it will be in the script, given the description of the problem. I think you were spot on with the DTMF issue.