Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Type Manager Bulk Schedule Change

chad_meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I have over 1,000 call types referencing 4 different starting scripts I am needing to consolidate into a single script.  Is there a way of doing this in bulk or via the AWDB?  We are running UCCE 10.5.2.  As a temporary workaround I have copied the new logic into the different scheduled scripts.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.  

5 Replies 5

This may be an overly simplistic solution, but what not use Go to script nodes in your 4 scripts to send all of the calls to the one new one you want? This way you don't have to copy it into 4 places and only one.

I'm sure others may suggest ways you can manually update the database to have them be repointed/new script scheduled for that call type, but directly manipulating the database in a production system is risky to me, just my $.02.

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Preface this by saying that this solution is not supported and you're going to get a warning banner.

You'll need to run some SQL queries and get a blank page ready. Essentially, what we're trying to do is mimic the Call_Type_Map table. If you run SELECT * FROM Call_Type_Map, you'll see the information that you need.

• CallTypeID
  • Item
  • MasterScriptID
  • ScriptSchedule
  • Description

CallTypeID  Item   MasterScriptID  ScriptSchedule Description

You can open an Excel spreadsheet and put those five column headers into the first five columns in the spreadsheet. What we want is a tab delimited TXT file and using Excel is the most effective way because you don't want to screw this up.

CallTypeID

First thing you want are all the CallTypeIDs that you want to schedule to your script. If all your Call Types have something in common, then the query can be easy. It can be something like this SELECT * FROM Call_Type WHERE EnterpriseName LIKE '%.DN.%' If you can make the WHERE clause more granular, that'll be helpful, otherwise, copy and paste your results in a spreadsheet and remove what you don't need. Once you have your final list, take all your CallTypeIDs and copy/paste them in the CallTypeID column of your first spreadsheet (Call_Type_Map).

Item

Use 0 for all your rows. All this does is position your scheduled entry within the list of all entries.

MasterScriptID

You mentioned that you wanted to consolidate into one script, so this should be easy. If you know what your script name is, you can simply run this query SELECT * FROM Master_Script WHERE EnterpriseName = 'your_routing_script_name' You should be returned one row, and the primary key is the MasterScriptID, copy that four digit ID into your first spreadsheet (Call_Type_Map) and paste it for all the rows.

ScriptSchedule

This is the tricky one. The number you'll find in the Call_Type_Map table is a couple letters with a bunch of numbers - makes no sense to us really, but obviously it's system generated. You're only going to find this column in the Call_Type_Map table. So hopefully you already have number(s) scheduled to this script, otherwise, I advise that you do that first so that the system can generated a ScriptSchedule value for you. If a number is already scheduled, then either scroll through the table to find your MasterScriptID or run a query SELECT * FROM Call_Type_Map WHERE MasterScriptID = 'your_master_script_id'  You should see the ScriptSchedule value the same. Copy that value into your first spreadsheet (Call_Type_Map) and paste it for all the rows.

Description

Leave this blank. This will have a NULL value in the table

It should all look something like this. Your values are obviously going to be different

CallTypeID  Item   MasterScriptID  ScriptSchedule Description
5010 0 5003 E207020B00000000000000000000010000070000  

Once you're done, save the spreadsheet as a CSV file. Once you've exited Excel, rename the file extension as TXT open the file in Notepad and remove the headers so that all you have are the values. Failure to do so will make this bomb out. And make sure there's no return carriage at the top or bottom rows. Row 1 should immediately start with your values.

Once you're done, place that TXT file somewhere accessible on the AW, like on the root of C:\

Open a command prompt window as administrator and go to C:\icm\bin. Type in BulkLoadConfig.exe Call_Type_Map C:\<your_file_name.txt>. 

Here's why it's not supported:

Great answer +5, but please remember to back up your DB just in case!

david

Hi Omar,

I have two questions regading the BulkLoadConfig.exe.

1. can this tool still be used in version 10.5?

2. can you only change single existing elments e.g. if you want to change single existing dialed number to call type mapping, or do you always have to enter all exisiting entries in the text file. So the question is if existing records are deleted if they are not in the .txt file you import?

thanks

Markus

Markus,

1. Yes, this tool is still in 10.5

2. You can have one entry or one thousand entries in your text file. If you've deleted a call type, then really, the CallTypeID should not appear in the Call Type table, thus, not making its way to your text file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: