Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller cannot enter DN or his/her choice while listening prompt/.wav file

Hi,

UCCX script is running and playing wav file but caller cannot enter DN or his/her choice for the departments. When wav file playing finishes, forwarding call to operator. What is the reason? Can anyone help me?

Thanks

14 Replies 14

jbushong2
Level 1
Level 1

Is the script using a Menu step?

Is Interruptible set to Yes?

The script has not got a menu step.  Only DN selection or waiting for the operator.

Interruptible is set as yes. I sent the screenshots for the previous reply.

Thanks

Hi Hakan,

Please describe your call flow. Any chance it's a DTMF problem ? Your step looks find.

Direct internal call to UCCX ?

HTH

Hi Nguyen,

Inbound call come from a Cisco 3925 in remote office to CUCM in central office. CUCM and CCX are in central office.

Internal calls works well. But this problem occurs only for the calls from outside.

Thx.

3925 is in what ? SIP MGCP H323 ?

Sound like a DTMF pb to me. Share your GW config if you can.

Do you have Unity Connection or other IVR application reachable from the GW ? Does the DTMF work there ?

Hi,

GW 3925 configuration

voice service voip
ip address trusted list
ipv4 172.22.22.0 255.255.255.0
ipv4 10.35.8.0 255.255.252.0
allow-connections h323 to h323
allow-connections h323 to sip
allow-connections sip to h323
allow-connections sip to sip
fax protocol t38 version 0 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none
sip
bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0
bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0
registrar server
!
voice class codec 1
codec preference 1 g729r8
codec preference 2 g729br8
codec preference 3 g711alaw
codec preference 4 g711ulaw
!
voice class h323 1
h225 timeout tcp establish 3
h225 timeout setup 5

dial-peer voice 306 voip
preference 1
destination-pattern 232493500[0-9]
session target ipv4:172.22.22.9
dtmf-relay rtp-nte cisco-rtp
voice-class h323 1
codec g711ulaw
!
dial-peer voice 307 voip
preference 2
destination-pattern 232493500[0-9]
session target ipv4:172.22.22.10
dtmf-relay rtp-nte cisco-rtp
voice-class h323 1
codec g711ulaw

Try using dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric since you use H.323 and try again.

Also add an inbound dial-peer to avoid matching dial-peer 0 which doesn't support dtmf-relay

Hi,

I tried. But doesn't work.

Do you have anyway to test DTMF, weither incoming or outgoing ? Some candidate is external IVR (you can google some numbers based on your location) or internal CUC.

Make sure to test that with "dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-alpha" on both of your dial-peers. Also, what is your incoming dial-peer ? You're using ISDN or ITSP ?

HTH

Hi Nguyen,

As I mentioned before, We have CCX. Internal calls we can enter DN while listening voice. Incoming calls from outside is the main problem.

Calls come from ISDN.

I have tested "dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-alpha" on both dial-peer but didn't worked.

If you have, could you please share a sample config (on cucm, ccx and VG router)?

Thanx

Hi Hakan,

I was asking for that to confirm if the issue is really DTMF with the GW. Anyway since UCCX works fine for internal call, i think it's very likely to be DTMF.

Unfortunately I dont have any conf here with me.

Can you post the incoming dial-peer for the sake of completeness? It's on T1/E1?

You may also assign a MTP resources to your gateway and UCCX's CTI ports (CUCM's software MTP would do) and test again.

I ran into an interesting thread ab UCCX vs DTMF, but with a SIP gateway tho, you may take a look if anything can help.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11949871/dtmf-not-working-uccx

BRs.

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Right click on Menu step or Get digit String whatever you are using there and then right click on it >> go to properties and send a screenshot of it.

Regards

Deepak

Hi,

Here is the get digit string properties screenshot

These are the other properties tabs...