cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I ignore one particular DN calls to be updated on ICM database/TCD table?

Hi All,

Very new idea but it's very important for me! Can I configure one particular DN and associated configurations anyhow on ICM so that those calls wont be updated on ICM database? particularly on TCD table?? One toll-free IVR service is killing my database strategy and sizing for huge numbers of calls are landing, logging and increasing unnecessary TCD rows! I have already convinced my customer not to provide any reports against that DN from ICM, I can gather the data from voice gateways by SNMP polling.

Any idea would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Md. Mijanur Rahman

CCIE #27424 (Voice)

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

A strange request.

If calls landing on that number are requesting a route which ICM handles, they will create an entry in the RCD and TCD. If you don't want that call, change the dial peers on the gateway to handle it differently. If this is CVP, direct it to a simple CVP VXML stand-alone application to play a message and drop the call.

Can you provide more information? What are these calls.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Yes these are the ICM calls and we don't have CVP VXML server deployed. So I don't have any choice other than requesting route to ICM.

Can I tweak on the database with simple trigger and fire concept by sql commands? It's too manual I know but can it save me btw?

Thanks,

Md. Mijanur Rahman

CCIE #27424 (Voice)

Can't you just ignore them? What are you trolling the TCD for?

Regards,

Geoff

I don't understand how it could be possible that there is so many calls the TCD table is getting that big?  Can't u just increase the size of the HDS?  Do you need the calls at all?

As I sit here working on our analytics product it is astonishing to think this could be the case...

How many calls are we talking to this number per day?

Chad