cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 8.5 Agent Login Issue

davidblair
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded a customer from 8 to 8.5 to fix an issue and have run into a new one.

For three agents I've gotten the error message: "Login failed due to a configuration error with your phone and JTAPI or Unified CM. Contact your administrator."

For two of them, the fix was to un-associate and re-associate their device with the RmCm user. For the last fella, I've tried complete rips and rebuilds and I can't get him past the error message.

Any ideas?

DB

40 Replies 40

Matty, the issue my customer is having appears to be related to the email file size.

Here's a snippet from the Calabrio developer replying to them:

"Based  on the current logs, it looks like the problem is cause by EEM service  attempting to write a large email to socket to CAD desktop. The email  being sent is around 16KB but the socket send buffer is set to 8KB.  Since the data is larger than buffer size, it fails to write the whole  message in one shot. It does not loop to attempt to send the rest but  instead aborts.

There  is a newer SplkSocket in a different source code branch (rev 65424)  that does do looping if fails to write in 1 shot that is likely to  address this issue. We will need to coordinate with others on the fix  will.

From  the logs, it looks like there is only 1 email of that size in the  system. So while waiting for the official fix, as a workaround, manually  handle that particular large email manually (i.e. via Outlook) and  remove it from the system. Once it is gone, agents will likely not have  this issue."

Nathan Gageby
Level 4
Level 4

To add another note for anyone that stumbles across this.  We have upgraded our CUCM 4+ times and our UCCX 3+ times.  We are currently on an ES for CUCM and having shared line errors with our agents when using Extension Mobility.  We started with errors similar to the original post and noticed that if the Agent extension only existed on the EM profile we had far better results with logins if we associated the EM and not the physical device to the RMCM user.  We also on previous versions had good luck repairing a similar issue by renaming the RMCM user.  Good luck!!!!

michael.windon
Level 1
Level 1

Well the saga continues: CUCM 8.6.2.20000-2 and CCX 8.5.1.11002-22

- Extention Mobility Agent, Agent can login phone ok

- Confirmed No Shared Lines for CCX Ext:

- Line is configured as 1st Line appearnce.

- EM Profile is assosiated with RMuser

- Device Profile has CTI control enabled

- User has been configured for all CTI groups

Still JTAPI error

Funny thing is configuration worked before upgrade now it does

Following error at the agent desktop with trace runining, think we are running into a bug because CCM config is as documented.....

GetDebugInfo --------------------- Begin: CONTROL_FAILURE_CONF ---------------------

2012-02-10 12:01:09:591 DEBUG [0x8d4] EventHandler.cpp[2177] GetDebugInfo: CONTROL_FAILURE_CONF: InvokedID = 3

2012-02-10 12:01:09:591 DEBUG [0x8d4] EventHandler.cpp[2178] GetDebugInfo: CONTROL_FAILURE_CONF: FailureCode is CF_GENERIC_UNSPECIFIED

2012-02-10 12:01:09:591 DEBUG [0x8d4] EventHandler.cpp[2179] GetDebugInfo: CONTROL_FAILURE_CONF: PeripheralErrorCode is 88001

2012-02-10 12:01:09:591 DEBUG [0x8d4] EventHandler.cpp[2180] GetDebugInfo: CONTROL_FAILURE_CONF: Error Text:  Unable to login agent due to problems in JTAPI or CM

2012-02-10 12:01:09:591 DEBUG [0x8d4] EventHandler.cpp[2458] GetDebugInfo:   GetDebugInfo --------------------- End: CONTROL_FAILURE_CONF ---------------------

Also restart the CTI Manager on the CUCM is not the answer! Unity, Paging, 3rd Party Attendant console all use this service should bump those things to fix an Agent log in. We really need a fix for this. TAC Case has not resolved anything thus far.....

Hi All

Anyone got the Solution to this issue. I can't even get one user login to the system ? TAC has not resolved the issue. anyone can help on this will be a grate help.. I am planing to Role back to 8.0 ?

CS

what is the model of your Phone ?

Regards

Ravi

l.checkon
Level 1
Level 1

I just did an upgrade from 4.2 CCM 4.2 Unity and 4.0 IPCC to 8.6 CCM 8.5 Unity connection and 8.5 UCCX.  I was getting the same error.  When I called TAC they said I should upgrade to 8.5 su2 and that should resolve the issue. After upgrading I had the same issue !!! I didnt have the issue of having 2 phones all users only have 1 phone and 1 line.  It was giving me the same error the user is not associated with the rm jtapi user even though they were.

This is what I just did and I can finally get agents to login as I just tested every single one.

I removed all agents from the rmcm user and then re-synced the Jtapi and then added everyone back in. 

My Exact version are

UCCX - 8.5.1.11002-22

CCM - 8.6.1.20000-1

Thank you for the reply, i found out my problem, the Phone line button was my issue. i had the agent on line 6, UCCX 8.5 only support line 1 to 4, moved the agent to line 4 fixed the problem,

Thank You to 2nd RTP UCCX TAC tech Ryan, 1st tech guy spend 6 hours no help

CS

What is the Error your getting? Can you run MIVR Error log ? IPCC Ext on the First 4 line of the phone right ?

Error is "Login failed due to a configuration error with your phone and JTAPI or Unified CM. Contact your administrator"

DN is configured as Line 1 on a 7975 Phone

Where are the mivr logs located now? I am new to UCCX 8x. Looked in RTMT log collection and do not see MIVR logs.

Thanks for the response.

Are there any new workarounds for this problem, I am hitting this same issue on a fresh install. I removed both test agents from rcmc application user, resynched jtapi and added them back. No one agent is working and the other still is not. Both lines are on Button 1. Has this actually been identified as a bug? Using CAD 8.5.1.214 UCCX 8.5.1.11002-22 Thanks!

Hello,

If you are using Extension mobility the behaviour has changed from 8.0.1. You should associate the UDP instead of the physical device. It is mentionned in bug CSCtx48427 (UCCX: User Device Profiles Should Be Associated to RMJTAPI User). An extract is below.

Workaround:

If using CUCM 8.0.1, associate the agent User Device Profile to the RMJTAPI Provider Application User instead of the physical device.

Starting with CUCM 8.0.1, CTI and JTAPI were enhanced to allow the association of User Device Profiles to the RMJTAPI Provider Application User instead of physical devices. In a solution where agents use Extension Mobility, the User Device Profile should be associated to the Application User instead of the physical device.

In addition, the possibility exists that both CTI and JTAPI believe two devices have the ICD line associated in the below scenario even though one of the devices is unregistered. In this circumstance, JTAPI and CTI believe this to be a shared line and therefore unsupported in UCCX. To mitigate this possibility, the 'Intra-cluster Multiple Login Behavior' Extension Mobility Service Parameter in CUCM should be set to 'Auto Logout'.

barryfong
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the help.

"the fix was to un-associate and re-associate their device with the RmCm user." - this worked for me today.

The problem arose when the user got a replacement phone; I checked if that phone was already associated with the RmCm (RMJTAPI user in my case) and it was so I thought they were good to go.  But when they got the error message I had to un-associate the device then re-associate it with the RMJTAPI user.  After that, the user could login again.

john boxold
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue, after a CUCM upgrade to 8.6.2. All UCCX agent one button login failed with error similar to "Agent is unable to login due to phone configured for IPv6. IPv6 is not supported by IPPA." I set the common device setting to support IPv4, reset phones, unassociated then associated from/to RmCm user. Reset the BIPPA service, CTI service, UCCX serviceability, etc. I ended up going to the phone device setting selecting the one button login service and updating the subscription. This resolved my issue. I don't know if that will help, but it resolved my issue.

adam_neeld
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm finding that when users move between phones (primarily IP Communicators) they are receiving the JTAPI configuration error (We do not have Device profiles assigned to specific devices to allow users to hot desk if neccessary). As with one of the posts above, removing the device they're trying to use from the RMCM user, saving and then re-adding it sometimes fixes it, but I've found in most cases I need to remove the device the user is now trying to use as well as the one they previously used, save the change, then add them back to the RMCM user.

This problem seems to be getting worse, as it was not something that happened everytime an agent moved, but it seems to be heading that way, despite no recent configuration changes (our upgrade to CUCM 8.5.1.14065-1 and UCCX 8.5.1.11002-22 occurred months ago)

Is anyone else seeing this problem occur and is there a know fix rather than the workaround I'm currently using?

Hi all-

I have admittadly been ignoring this thread lately; however, I wanted to point out that CUCM 8.6(2a)SU2 just got posted. Those of you running into errors, esspecially with Extension Mobiilty, may want to patch CUCM to this release. The 8.6 train has had a fair amount of CTI-related defects due to some architectual changes they made under the hood. Two examples are CSCty63127 and CSCty63105.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.