Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Ring Back Tone

teddywijaya84
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're experiencing problem with our CCX version 7.0(1)SR03, the ring back tone doesn't played to caller when agent phone is ringing. We have check all our application triggers, and not one of them are play ring back tone to the caller. Anyone experinced same problem? Please advice.

Regards,

Teddy

12 Replies 12

Hello,

Can you please try this :

On the call manager , go to system -> service parameter and choose cisco call manager service

In the Send H225 User info Message field, under cluster wide parameters (device - h323) section, select H225 Infor for Ring Back.

Amer

Teddy,

Also reset the gateway from the CUCM after you do the above.

Amer

Hi Amer,

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried change the Send H225 User Info Message to User Info for Call Progress Tone and to Use ANN for Ring Back, we still heard nothing. For your additional information, we don't heard any ring back tone even we tried to call from local IP Phone.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Teddy

Hi,

I think the link that you gave me does not covering my issue. But, thanks anyway for your reply.

Regards,

Teddy.

bshank
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The network hold audio source on the UCCX call control group will determine what the caller hears when the call is being transferred to the agent.  You may need to upload a ringback.wav file to your CUCM MoH, and then select this from the network hold audio source dropdown on the call control group setting on UCCX's AppAdmin page.

Thanks,

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your reply.

We have tried as you suggest, but we still hear nothing. I also have tried to set the device pool same with the MoH's device pool, but still not working.

Regards,

Teddy

Hi Brendan,

When the call is ringing on the agent phone ,We get two beeps after that dead air .

I have tried adding Network Hold and MRGL for CCG ,But when i update am getting "object error"

Screenshot attached

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

bshank is pointing you in the right direction. UCCX uses a consult transfer to send calls to the agent, so you're not going to hear ringback, you're going to hear the network MOH source as configured on UCCX's CTI port pool. Occasionally people do want ringback instead of music, but the way that's done is to take a recording of ringback and make that the MOH source for UCCX transfers.

Make sure that MOH works on the voice gateway in question. For any call through that gateway, in or out, place it on hold from an IP phone. If you do get music, you have a config difference somewhere between the phone source and the UCCX CTI port group source and you need to look in that direction to see what's wrong with your UCCX port config. If you get dead air, you have broken MOH service for that gateway, for instance UCM might be configured for multicast MOH and the gateway can't receive it (bad network config, max TTL/hop count set too low in UCM for that MOH source, etc). Switching to unicast MOH can be simpler if you have a smaller system and you don't have good familiarity with unicast. If you get periodic beeps, CUCM thinks there is no MOH service available to that gateway and you need to check your MRG/MRGL config.

Hi jasyoung,

Thanks for your reply.

At this point, our MoH is working when the IP Phone puts on hold. And we used unicast MoH.

We have configured the Network Hold Audio Source on the call control group and each CTI ports, but it's not done yet on the CTI route point. Should I do that too?

Regards,

Teddy

Hi Teddy,

Please check that in the Gateway configuration in CUCM (device>gateway>h323 gateway) "MTP required" is checked or not. If checked then please uncheck it and reset the gateway.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque.

Hi Ashfaque,

The testing done using an IP Phone on our LAN environment. So, there weren't any gateway involved.

Regards,

Teddy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: