Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing value of % Allocation node externally

Hi guys,

right now i have some ICM scripts that have this % allocation node to send calls to different companies, the change will be done now by a callcenter agent but dont want to give him access to ICM Script editor to change this, is there any way to change this value externally? through a data base lookup or something? other ideas are more than welcome....

Thx

-X

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

b-cox
Level 1
Level 1

If the % values are "preset" consider using a menu via IVR application to allow agent to select appropriate combinations of percentage distribution. Use each different combination to set the value of a Global user variable.

Use an IF node to check variable value and then pass route request on to a percentage node configured with appropriate combinations.

Agent would access via a CTI route point to trigger IVR application.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

b-cox
Level 1
Level 1

If the % values are "preset" consider using a menu via IVR application to allow agent to select appropriate combinations of percentage distribution. Use each different combination to set the value of a Global user variable.

Use an IF node to check variable value and then pass route request on to a percentage node configured with appropriate combinations.

Agent would access via a CTI route point to trigger IVR application.

This is a great idea, I'm testing it now, any way to do it without "preset" values?

Probably the best method to allow an Agent to change percentage variables is to allow them access to script editor, BUT restrict what they can edit via the Feature Control Set associated with their login.

You can limit specific users to only change properties within specific script nodes. They can not make any changes to script structure. A compromise, I know to previous method but may be the easiest to allow agent to change any combination of % values. Definitely reduces amount of complexity within the routing script.
Regards
Brian

Hello,

is there a way to route % of traffic dynamically like without preset.

I am looking for a way to give customer a ability to change the % allocation from outside and that gets updated in the ICM script and do allocation accordingly. My goal is to reduce too many script nodes for each % allocation. if there a custom function I can create or any other way kindly tell me.

There are lots of ways to do this. You could do something like let the supervisor of power call in and enter in their percentage in a basic menu and then have that be a persistent variable that you can call in subsequent if nodes for your calls for instance.

Thank you, sir for the reply @bill.king1  - will this change the value on the "%Allocation Node "

example - on the basic script I have set initially %30 for "networkSupport" and %70 for "LinuxOS" . I want supervisor to change the %30 to %50 for Network and for Linux %70 to %50. I just need only one %allocation Node in the script and not each for each % node . I dont want to preset these % values for each condition . 

or 
can we achieve this with variables without using "% allocation" node for dynamic approch .

You can't reference the percentage directly in that node, but you could use IF nodes for instance to look at the percentage the person set and then compare that to the number of calls sent so far today for the two groups to accomplish the same thing.

This would be how you could do it. Have a chain of IF statements and based on the setting route the call to X %.

david

Hello Dave.. could you help me with an example sir .

@kavle , like I mentioned before:

-get the percentage from your supervisor (say it is 75%, meaning 75% to location A).

-Call that percentage in an IF node, something like If Call_Type.CallstoA.CallsOfferedToday/(Call_Type.CallstoA.CallsOfferedToday+Call_Type.CallstoB.CallsOfferedToday) > PercentageSetbySupervisor then send it to the other location.
There are many ways you can do it, you just need to decide on what works for your exact business case and how complex you want it to be/how many nodes you might use.

@bill.king1  awesome thoughts ... thank you very much sir .. I will try this now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: