cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Chrome is killing me! Need some Finesse help please.

estillman
Level 1
Level 1

We have approximately 2-3 thousand users of Finesse through Google Chrome. The issue they experience is that around every 30 minutes, the user is put into 'Connection Failure' where they will be dropped out of the Agent queue. Not only do they need to manually change their status back to Ready State, PCCE will place them at the back of the queue - but they dont realize it most of the time because there is no pop-up or indication.  

TAC is not able to find root cause. We go round and round in circles with versions of Chrome, even trying Firefox which is not a company standard. Cisco will often simply say, not our problem - speak to Google.

IS there any way to get help resolving our issue? 

p.s. it will work for a time then the browser is upgraded and Finesse breaks again. Btw, we have tried the plugin recommended by TAC but then it stops working. We are at our wits end

23 Replies 23

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Can you provide more information on the following:

1. What version of Chrome are the users currently using where you are seeing the issue?

2. What is the version of Finesse?

3. Are the users using the Finesse Agent Desktop that comes with Finesse or a custom desktop?

3. Are the agents idle for the 30 minutes or are they actively using the desktop?

4. You had said that you have tried with Firefox and I know you said it is not company standard, but during that test, did the issue occur on Firefox?

5. Is this issue always reproducible?

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

1. Verison 103.05060.134 [Official/Current Build]

2. Unified CCE Version: 12.5.1.0.101.129

3. They have custom desktops based on roles.

3. Active.

4. Firefox was able to work but with a lot of leg work on our part that we should of got in assistance via TAC cases.

5. Yes a large majority (>51%) experiences Connection Failure and it is a well known issue in our environment.  

Did you have a chance to read my response on behalf of Erik? It seems to be removed or gone and we are part of the same team here

Hi @Chris Grussenmeyer,

I do not see that response nor did I get an email notification for it. Maybe it didn't fully submit. Can you post it again?

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

1. Verison 103.05060.134 [Official/Current Build]

2. Unified CCE Version: 12.5.1.0.101.129

3. They have custom desktops based on roles.

3. Active.

4. Firefox was able to work but with a lot of leg work on our part that we should of got in assistance via TAC cases.

5. Yes a large majority (>51%) experiences Connection Failure and it is a well known issue in our environment. 

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Chris Grussenmeyer , nevermind. I found your response in the spam folder and restored it.

> 3. They have custom desktops based on roles.

For clarification, do you mean custom desktops as in different desktop layouts based on roles? Or did someone develop a completely 3rd party desktop that doesn't use https://<FQDN>:8445/desktop?

The above piece of information is important because if it is a 3rd party desktop, it is possible it is due to the implementation of the desktop. In this situation, it would be good to test this out using the out of the box desktop (/desktop) to see if the issue is reproducible. If they are actually using https://<FQDN>:8445/desktop, you'd want to gather the agent desktop logs when the issue occurs as well as the webservices logs. In these logs, you can see if the connection failure is triggered by something of the desktop (typically the presence notification).

Thanx,

Denise

@dekwan 

Does desktop refer to 2Ring? That is what we utilize to set them up for their specific team.

Connection failure issues tend to occur based on something with Chrome updating. We had periods of time in the past without issue but Chrome can update and then we experience the connection failure en mass. The last fix was the Chrome extension (to keep Chrome from auto removing/disconnecting tabs) but that no longer works.

@Chris Grussenmeyer ,

When I say desktop (/desktop), I mean this user interface:

Untitled2.png

It will help if you can send a screenshot because I know 2Ring creates gadgets for the Finesse desktop.

Can you reproduce the issue and gather the logs?

Thanx,

Denise

I've set up a test account and I'm going to reproduce this. What is the best method for collecting these logs while I do this?

Hi Denise

This is our login screen. On the left our the 2ring "gadgets" we have added.

Untitled2.png

Hi,

Thanks for the verification, it helps understand the situation. This is using the Finesse out-of-the-box desktop with a 3rd party (2Ring) gadget.

To collect the logs, after reproducing the issue, under the upper right where the person silhouette with the arrow is, click on it and select to send the error logs (sorry, I forgot what it was renamed to). Then, you can use the CLI file get activelog desktop recurs compress (https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#log-collection-log-collection) to collect the logs. You can also use RTMT to collect the logs: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1251/admin/guide/cfin_b_1251-administration-guide/cfin_b_1251-administration-guide_chapter_01100.html#task_94B89C36F15EFCCDC68E182496D0E36E

You can send the logs to me directly if there is info in the logs that shouldn't be shared.

Also, have you tried to remove the 2Ring gadget to see if it is still reproducible? This will help rule out that there is something in their gadget that is causing this issue.

Thanx,

Denise

Mark.Cains
Level 1
Level 1
We have experienced this at my organization in all three environments PCCE, UCCE, and UCCX. We have advised all users to use Microsoft Edge and this works. (The weird thing about this is we a (Government Agency) had the exact same go around with Cisco TAC and got the same answer. The next thing that is mind blowing is both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge are built upon Chromium so it should have the same functionality. However, we see a lot in Google Chrome it will sit and spin and eventually need to be refreshed or logged back into but on Microsoft Edge it has been working flawlessly for the last 6 months.

Hi what version of Edge are you on?

HI Mark.Cains

That it is the wild part. I wish we could get a developer from Cisco to literally walk through Chrome using breakpoints and watch the console live.