Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse 11.5 IE Browser settings

joycentiong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a client who is going to run Cisco Finesse 11.5 and want to use IE browser. But does not want to enabled the ActiveX settings as requested in Cisco Finesse 11.5 User Guide.

What is the side effect of not enabling ActiveX but a custom gadget is added to the default desktop layout. The custom gadget does not reference any ActiveX controls.

Thanks.

Danny

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny,

Per documentation, the ActiveX is for:

You must enable the following security settings to allow users to sign in:

·         Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins

·         Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting

·         Active scripting

After doing some testing, I confirmed that you will not be able to sign into the Finesse desktop without it being enabled. These instructions have actually been in since Finesse 10.0.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny,

Per documentation, the ActiveX is for:

You must enable the following security settings to allow users to sign in:

·         Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins

·         Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting

·         Active scripting

After doing some testing, I confirmed that you will not be able to sign into the Finesse desktop without it being enabled. These instructions have actually been in since Finesse 10.0.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding enabling ActiveX for IE browser.

I looked through the user guide and cannot find any browser settings for Chrome.Firefox as may not want to go with IE due to security issues with ActiveX enabled.

Thanks.

Danny

Hi Danny,

I believe that the default browser settings for Chrome and Firefox are sufficient.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: