cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse 11.6 is giving Error while answering calls

Anoop Krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Finesse 11.6 is giving "Cannot perform Operation: CTI-71" while agent tries to answer a new incoming call on the browser.
Had tried logging the same Agent on a CTI desktop, it gives "The requested operation has been rejected, no specific details available" while answering the call.
Agent is using a hard phone Model 6921, and she gets this error irrespective on any PC or new Phone device she has been logged in to.

I had tried the Agent's credentials on my side using a CIPC and i was able to answer calls from finesse as well as dial out and conference.

Has Someone who had came across similar kind of error and issue and resolved it somehow?

7 Replies 7

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

On the physical phone is there a MRGL assigned or are you using Null List (everything not on a MRGL)

THough as I think about I cant remember if that is the 71 error or a different one. 

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
Never come across this issue. Just make sure that for the CP-6921, in the Device settings in a setting named "Join And Direct Transfer Policy" you selected "Same line, across line disabled". It fixed few things for me for CP-6921, it was a while back ago, so I can't remember what exactly.

Agree with the "JAL" setting. Also IPv6 can be a problem, and make sure Max Calls = 2 and Calls Waiting = 1.

But the original poster should check the log files for the JTAPI gateway, the PIM, and the CTI Server. Often there is a clear reason written in one of the logs - sometimes one has more information than another.

Regards,

Geoff

Was already set to "Same Line Enable Only"for all phones in that series.

No, try setting it to "Same line, across line disabled".

Anoop Krishnan
Level 1
Level 1

Agent was able to log in, after changing the phone to a 7821, and the error was no longer happening. 
I will be checking the console logs and the CTI logs for more clear picture. 

Did you ever find a clear root cause of this issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: