cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Finesse intermittent disconnect when using Microsoft Teams

lise.arsenault1
Level 1
Level 1

We have many employees that experience a disconnect failure error in Cisco Finesse intermittently during their shift. What we were asked is to ensure no other video or audio software is used. Our employees use Microsoft Teams for all communications and meetings and Jabber Phone for phone system then Cisco Finesse for Campaign calling (inbound and outbound).
When they log in, they need to log into Jabber Phone first, then Cisco Finesse and Microsoft Teams opens in the background upon start up. 
From my research, I can see that both are voice systems and interfere with each other. Is there a way to connect them (say maybe a Cisco Cube? )? Or does anyone else experience this and have a solution? We've been trying to fix this issue for approximately 6 months now and are coming up with no resolution this far. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lise,

I had some issues with finesse disconnections and it was network latency from the agents side.

Cisco made some questions/recomendations:

Questions to ask the agents for your own troubleshooting in the future are:

1. Is there high bandwidth usage in the house at the time of the disconnects?
  2. Are the agents letting their computer go to sleep?
  3. Are the agents clicking on a different tab while Finesse is running? Chrome has a new enhancement that will throttle back tabs that are in the background and this can cause disconnects and state changes
    1. Improved resource consumption for background tabs
    2. To save on CPU load and prolong battery life, Chrome will limit the power consumption of background tabs. Specifically, Chrome will allow the timers in the background tabs to only run once per minute. Network event handlers are not affected, which allows sites like Gmail or Slack® to continue delivering timely notifications in the background. Some users saw this feature in Chrome 87. It's now available to all users in Chrome 88.
    3. You will be able to control this behavior using the IntensiveWakeUpThrottlingEnabled policy.
    4. That was chrome 88, released on Jan 19th
    5. Navigate to chrome://flags, then search for throttling, set to disabled
  4. Ensure that the CPU usage of the agents computer is not overly high. This can cause program and browser lags

Regards

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

So you are saying you have documented instances of when you run Finesse and Jabber that things work fine, but when you also have Teams running on the same system, you start having issues, is that right?

Are you sure it isn't just a constraint issue on the desktop as far as resources, vs. an actual conflict between the various systems? What happens when you see interference between them?

Still not 100% that this is the cause.. It's hard to say if it happens only when a team's meeting happened or not.
This is what we see in the reports.
[cid:image001.png@01D7D224.7C1FE680]

Hi @lise.arsenault1 , your picture isn't available? It just shows [cid:image001.png@01D7D224.7C1FE680].

Sorry.. Here is the picture. 

Cisco report.jpg

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi, did you check the computer resources (memory, cpu) from the agents?

Its possible to open a case with Cisco TAC?

The agents are remotelly? Did you check if the agents are experiencing high latency with the server?

Do you have any official confirmation from Microsoft or Cisco that both applications cannot run together?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Been working on this with Cisco and Telus since April. Currently concentrating on the staff who work on-site as it happens to both on-site and remote workers. I don't have any official confirmation from Microsoft or Cisco that both applications cannot run together but Cisco had mentioned at one point to have Cisco Finesse on it's own browser and screen and not have any other video or audio applications open with it. Just thought I would ask here to see if anyone else was experiencing this issue. 

Lise,

I had some issues with finesse disconnections and it was network latency from the agents side.

Cisco made some questions/recomendations:

Questions to ask the agents for your own troubleshooting in the future are:

1. Is there high bandwidth usage in the house at the time of the disconnects?
  2. Are the agents letting their computer go to sleep?
  3. Are the agents clicking on a different tab while Finesse is running? Chrome has a new enhancement that will throttle back tabs that are in the background and this can cause disconnects and state changes
    1. Improved resource consumption for background tabs
    2. To save on CPU load and prolong battery life, Chrome will limit the power consumption of background tabs. Specifically, Chrome will allow the timers in the background tabs to only run once per minute. Network event handlers are not affected, which allows sites like Gmail or Slack® to continue delivering timely notifications in the background. Some users saw this feature in Chrome 87. It's now available to all users in Chrome 88.
    3. You will be able to control this behavior using the IntensiveWakeUpThrottlingEnabled policy.
    4. That was chrome 88, released on Jan 19th
    5. Navigate to chrome://flags, then search for throttling, set to disabled
  4. Ensure that the CPU usage of the agents computer is not overly high. This can cause program and browser lags

Regards

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Thank you Leonardo. I will look into all these items. This is a great help.  

Lise,

I hope that these recomendations helps you.

Other thing too, check if the NTP of the UCCX is good.

Regards

Regards
Leonardo Santana

We have the same issues. Jabber (citrix) and Finesse. And Teams. We are now testing the change to disable teams calling and only use teams for meeting and IM. We are running vdi 14.1.2 and Jabber 14.1.3. 
On local machines with jabber (no citrix) there are no issues on the same version of Jabber 14.1.3.