Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified CM Telephony Trigger Directory number

Hello, is it possible to set Cisco Unified CM Telephony Trigger directory number within UCCX with wildcards, for e.g 3XX and all numbers matching that number, execute connected application. Or is there any other way to execute UCCX application for a range of directory numbers?

What I want to achieve is that, I want to control all outbound calls starting with dedicated prefix with UCCX application.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have used wild card on several ocassions, and get flaky results 50% of the time.  I then end up breaking the triggers apart and specifying each one separately.

From what I recall reading, the latest versions of CUCM actually have a parameter now, that enables this feature.  You didn't say what version of UCCX and CUCM you are running, so it's possible you need to flip this switch to ON.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3429151

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

never tried this personally, but it seems to be supported (at least it is with UCCX 8.5.1). See the Administration Guide.

G.

I tried 3XX, 3[123][123] and get busy every time.

But documantation says, valid waildcards for trigger directory number are: * # - []

Anyone tried this before?

I have used wild card on several ocassions, and get flaky results 50% of the time.  I then end up breaking the triggers apart and specifying each one separately.

From what I recall reading, the latest versions of CUCM actually have a parameter now, that enables this feature.  You didn't say what version of UCCX and CUCM you are running, so it's possible you need to flip this switch to ON.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3429151

Thanks anthony, setting enabling CTI Use Wildcard Pattern as calledPartyDN actually helped me.

Hi Anthony,

I have uccx 11.5. My question here is can we create multiple telephony triggers? This is because for different service providers we want to create different telephony triggers and when ever customers call troll free number, each service provider will forward call to different triggers created in uccx.
Is this possible ? any drawbacks? anything about it... please help!!

Yes, you can create multiple triggers. In your script, use the Get Call Contact Info step to get which trigger was dialed and then make your decisions from there. Eg Which prompts to play, which CSQ to use, etc.

Hi Anthony,
Thank you so much.
I want to keep everything same, i.e script, prompts and csq. i just want to create different triggers .
For all different trigger( for different service providers) i want to use same script, prompts and csq..etc..
That is possible right?
Please comment !!

Yep. Totally fine.

Thank you so much Anthony,

Anything to be done at script level now? nothing right? 

snandi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nothing at the script level - if the treatment is going to be same. Else there are many things possible.

Note that CCX integrates with one CUCM cluster. Ensure that the triggers, even though from different service providers, are managed by the same CUCM.

Thank you so much snandi.

cucm and uccx is already integrated and running. I just want to add new trigger for another service provider with same script , csq, prompt and same group of resource(agent).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: