Views
Helpful
Replies

conference room phone to the queue can't be answered until it rings three times

venky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We have an issue when someone dials from a conference room Polycom phone to a queue. A call from the conference room phone to the queue can't be answered until it rings three times. We have been told that this happens when an agent answers with the handset and also with a wireless headset. We placed test calls today. We could not duplicate the problem with a handset. We did duplicate the problem when the agent used a wireless headset. This has happened to several agents in this queue over the last month. The conference room phone is extension 2201. The queue is 7001. The first tests were placed today between 2:30pm - 3:00pm. All of these were routed to agents using handsets and were connected immediately. The second round of test calls were placed between 4:11pm - 4:14pm. These test calls were answered by agent Tom Harris at extension 1024. Our test around 4:12pm did not connect. A call around 4:13pm did connect after 3 rings to Tom's phone. Another call around 4:13pm did not connect.

Can anyone tell me how to processed to resolve this issue

Thanks,

Venkatesh

3 Replies 3

If you call the agent directly and they answer the same way does the same thing happen?

david

Hello David,

Thanks for your reply.
we don't have that information which you asked me. Actually this request is came from our client we need to check with our client about that.
Could you please elaborate more what is the cause of issue and how we troubleshoot this further. And what information i need to ask client for better understating the issue. Please let me know i need to check anything else.
I will processed further as per your update.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

David (as usual) has a smart question: is the problem related to the phone/headset or the call center ACD queue? My guess is the former since CUCM and whatever call center software you’re using aren’t really aware of how the call is answered. My suspicion is how the wireless headset is answering the call: mechanical lifter or EHS cable. They should be using an EHS cable these days as they’re far more reliable. The wireless hook switch control parameter must also be toggled on for that phone in CUCM. Beyond that it becomes a support issue for the headset manufacturer.