Helpful
Replies

Configuring CCM CTI Route Point for ICM

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

I am a newbie and just finished setting up my ICM lab with CVP. ICM and CVP 8.0

I am at a loss on how to send calls to ICM from CCM. Do I send the calls to my SIP Trunk (already configured) on my vxml gateway and then have the gateway send the call to CVP...Or DO i create a CTI route point to send calls to ICM directly.

The documeation I am using suggests using CTI Route point, But I dont know how this works. I have added a cti route point which shows as unknow, hence dont know how the DN associated will be routed.

Your help is associated.

Please rate all useful posts
8 Replies 8

Hello,

In case of CVP , it is easier to use the gateway which  i am sure it is the same as VXML gateway , in the CVP OAMP server , you  need to configure to route the label to the orginated gateway (eaiser) .

So  from the call manager , send the call to the gateway (ingress) via a  route pattern, you need to have a dial-peer to point to the cvp call  server , in this case the call will be routed to the ICM via the PG , in  the script before playing the first play prompt , add a node called  send to VRU so the call can be sent back to the VXML gateway (which in  our case will be the ingress gateway) so it can start the play prompts  and caching.

Amer

Amer,

Thanks again. Good to hear from you. I have configured this as you said. I have a sip trunk in CCM and I have pointed my RP to this trunk. I have a dial-peer in gateway pointing to CVP. But this is not working. Calls ring and I get a busy tone.

Also I have observed that ICM does not append the CID to the label...

Can you help

Hi

1. Create a dial peer to match the dialed number from CUCM on the ingress gateway. Point this dial peer to the CVP.

2. In CVP OAMP incase of SIP create a static route to map this dialed number string to ICM server.

3. In ICM create  script for the same dialed number and schedule it. In ICM you will have to create the Network trunk group with the ID 100 and 200 and add the lables to each one of them.

4. In CVP OAMP create the static route for this label and point it to Ingress gateway.

5. Create a dial peer in voice gaetway for the label for example if the label  is 8888888888 then incoming called number 8888888888T and call the service of boot strap.

6.The call should not be answered by CVP and then again sent to ICM ...

Please refer to the attached document.

Thanks for this. I have already done all of the steps suggested. However I still have a problem where when I ask ICM to send a call to an agent, I get error attemtpted to send call to agent with id..on peripheral..but has no device target. I think i will open another thread for this.

I have configured the device target the agent is logged on to. Still I get this error

Just create a new SIP trunk on the CCM to point to the CVP and try.

Amer

I have a sip trunk that points to the ingress gateway. But I went ahead and created another one pointin directly to CVP. I associated the RP to it and I just get a busy tone. The call comes in to ICM, but ICM returns a null label as seen from the router log viewer. The same thing happens when i send the call to the ingress gateway..

Listen,

Don't associate the RP with the new trunk , just create it (CVP trunk) and don't associate any RP with it , send the call to the gateway normally.

Amer

Amer,

I found out what the problem was. There was no default network vru selected in system information. The event viewer was saying that there was no network VRU for my dialled number. I was confused because I configured a network vru. Then I went into system information and none was selected. So now atleast I get a call going to an agent. My first succesful call.This is not easy!!!