cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection Tone on UCCE AutoAnswer

DAVID CORKER
Level 1
Level 1

We have just moved from using Auto-Answer in the CUCM to using Auto-Answer in UCCE and agents are complaining that they no longer get a beep in their ear (Connection Tone?) when a call comes through.

Is there any setting in UCCE to configure this?

4 Replies 4

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

as per my knowledge, the connect tone is only available  when you configure auto answer on phone with headset. ucce does not play zip tones when autoanswer is enabled in ADS.

Hi Chintan,

How about Tone on Connect in CUCM Service Parameters? If we enable that and Auto-Answer in ICM, will it play the tone or that won't work either?

Thanks,

Amit.

You didn't mention if these were regular agents or mobile agents, just on the off chance that they are mobile agents, you need to do this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_9_0_1/user/guide/UCCE_BK_UFAEED16_00_ucce-mobile-agent-guide/UCCE_BK_UFAEED16_00_ucce-mobile-agent-guide_chapter_010.html#UCCE_TK_EAC13EFC_00

Hi Bill,

These are regular Agents I am talking about. But I found my answer for Tone On Connect feature. If we enable Auto-Answer in ICM and need to play a tone on connect we can enable it in CUCM Service Parameters. It will affect all Phones (except SIP Phones) will play Tone on Connect. 

Only problem with this setup is that it doesn't work with SIP Phones as this feature is not supported on SIP Phones. It only works for SCCP Phones. So if Agents are using SIP phones will not be helpful.

Thanks,

Amit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: