cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Contact Center Restructure...

staufferatmcws
Level 1
Level 1

I'm managing a contact center currently using UCCX Premium 7.0(1)SR03_Build011.  I need the following in the worst way:

I need to configure the system to divide the CSR's into three groups.  The first being the primary, to answer incoming calls.  The second to answer incoming calls ONLY if the first primary group is not available.  The third group is the final backup if the first two groups are not available.

The goal is for all to be logged on and in READY status.  The number of CSR's will be different for each day of the week and, I need to be able to change the configuration "easily" for any given day that a sudden issue occurs. 

I have NO experience at scripting and the Cisco documents are practically useless (sorry Cisco). 

I want to implement this during January.

Can anyone help or point me in some direction????

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jim,

What you want to do is use "Most skilled" CSQ selection criteria, and simply assign the agents different skill levels. See the following for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/configuration/guide/uccx70ag.pdf

Then all routing is dynamic with no need to change scripting, and if you need to re-prioritize agents simply change their skill level (1-10).

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

To use 'most skilled' selection criteria your CSQ must use Resource Skills as the Resource Pool Selection Model.

Create a skill, and associate it with your CSQ.

The go to your resource, assign the skill to the resource. When the assigned skill is highlighted, change the competency level and hit save.

Note, by default the minimum comptency for each CSQ is set to 5 by default. Change this if you want to use competency levels lower than this.

Brian

Yes, you could do that .. or change the selection criteria to longest available agent.

Brian

One comment - if you change the skills, resource selection type (skills-->RG etc) it kind of regenerates the CSQ which can give you multiple instances of CSQs on the reports that cover the time period where you made the change. So you're better off leaving the CSQs as they are, and setting skills on agents.

You can use the bulk assign skills menu to set the same skill to lots of people at once.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jim,

What you want to do is use "Most skilled" CSQ selection criteria, and simply assign the agents different skill levels. See the following for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/configuration/guide/uccx70ag.pdf

Then all routing is dynamic with no need to change scripting, and if you need to re-prioritize agents simply change their skill level (1-10).

HTH,

Chris

Chris:

The link is a great source.  I am having trouble changing the competence level and getting the change to save.

I went to ASSIGN SKILLS after selecting one name (resource).  I selected the one and only RESOURCE GROUP we have.  I changed the COMPETENCE LEVEL to a 1 and clicked on UPDATE.

When I go back to review that resource it is back to the original setting (happens to be a 5).  It's like it never really updated.

Any thoughts???

brian1mcc
Level 4
Level 4

To use 'most skilled' selection criteria your CSQ must use Resource Skills as the Resource Pool Selection Model.

Create a skill, and associate it with your CSQ.

The go to your resource, assign the skill to the resource. When the assigned skill is highlighted, change the competency level and hit save.

Note, by default the minimum comptency for each CSQ is set to 5 by default. Change this if you want to use competency levels lower than this.

Brian

Brian,

I've made the changes you described and am testing at this time. 

QUESTION: If I needed everyone on the same level QUICKLY, would I just change the Resource Pool Selection Model to RESOURCE GROUP?

Yes, you could do that .. or change the selection criteria to longest available agent.

Brian

One comment - if you change the skills, resource selection type (skills-->RG etc) it kind of regenerates the CSQ which can give you multiple instances of CSQs on the reports that cover the time period where you made the change. So you're better off leaving the CSQs as they are, and setting skills on agents.

You can use the bulk assign skills menu to set the same skill to lots of people at once.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Chris, Brian, Aaron,

Thank you for all the input.  I made changes and have made many tests to confirm various outcomes and it all appears to be working! 

I've set it up so the resource pool or model is not being changed, only the Resource Selection Criteria, to "most skilled' or "longest available", whichever is appropriate for the day.

Thank you again!