Views
Helpful
Replies

Courtesy Call Back doesn't hang call up

paulonwude
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We have implemented Courtesy Call Back and it sends the call to the CallBackEngine on the VXML application and in there on Intercept Caller Hang Up I get and error.  However, there is no extra logging to see what the error might be.  I literally get:

CallbackEngine,04/18/2019 14:18:25.716,Intercept caller hangup,enter,
CallbackEngine,04/18/2019 14:18:27.731,Intercept caller hangup,custom,result,error
CallbackEngine,04/18/2019 14:18:27.731,Intercept caller hangup,data,result,error
CallbackEngine,04/18/2019 14:18:27.731,Intercept caller hangup,exit,error

Then on the caller's end it just plays dead air until I hit the default timeout on the VxmlGateway. Any help would be great!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I found the previous thread where I'd been asked about this and I see it was also on 16.8(1).   Unfortunately, there was no follow-up message, which normally means it worked as you always get a reply when it doesn't.  The scenario was the same, with incoming SIP INFO + application/gtd rejected with a 415. 

It might be time to see if you get the same 415 error with another IOS version. 

View solution in original post

Upgrading to IOS Version 16.11.1a fixed the issue with the callback.

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight
Is there anything in the error log of the Callback Engine app?

Hi Janine,

Many thanks for responding.

Nothing on the error log.

This is what I get in the activity log.

I got this on the gateway. Does this mean the SP is rejecting my SIP INFO messages?

I have "signalling forward unconditional" configured.

It appears the cvp_cc service never gets triggered.

Any ideas?

Make sure you have the right version of the survivability script on the ingress gateway and that it is active.

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply. I think I am using the right version of the script.

If you're not sure, view the version on the gateway but viewing the file, and then compare it to the version of CVP you are using.

Also, has CCB ever worked? If not, make sure you did the command to activate survivability, like

call application voice load cvp-survivability

It is the right version and both applications are loaded - see attachment.

This is the first setup for CCB and survivability is activated

Hi, so I'm sorry if I am confused, but your log files at the start show a year of 2019, but you're testing this now, so is just the date setting off in the platform?

Next, are you using VXML gateway or Virtual Voice Browser? Or a combination ingress/VXML gateway?

This is all on CCE/CVP/etc. 11.6?

Apologies for the confusion. I was using that to highlight the issue. The focus was on this part

"Intercept caller hangup,custom,result,error"

I have attached a more recent log.

I am using VVB and a combination ingress/VXML gateway

Yes, this is all on PCCE/CVP/etc. 11.6.

The way I understand the call flow, the CallbackEngine sends a probe type "Intercept caller hangup', plays the goodbye message and then sends a probe type "Disconnect Caller". This should trigger the "cvp_cc" application on the ingress gateway and drop the call.

It appears this never happens.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 08.36.43.png

Is this command "vxml version 2.0" mandatory to get courtesy callback to work? it does not exist in this version of IOS-XE.

Voice GW - Cisco 4351 - IOS-XE 16.08.01

Per the documentation that is required for the beep portion, but that's not your issue.

You mention IOS 16.08.01, Do you mean 16.8.01, as the compatibility guide seems to show you have to be 16.3 or higher.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/ucce_compatibility/matrix/ucce_11_6_x_compat.html

And you're sure that incoming calls from the PSTN are hitting a dial peer that has surviviability configured on it?

Thanks for response.

IOS-XE 16.08.01

I get the callback offer and even get the prompt that the callback has been successfully scheduled.

The call just doesnt drop on the caller's end.

Collect a trace with "deb voip appl script" and all will become clear.   You should be able to see survivability processing the SIP INFO messages from the VVB, or not.  From the earlier bits of the thread, it looks like the latter.

You are correct.. the latter is the case. I can only see survivability when the call first hits the incoming pots dialpeer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: