Helpful
Replies

CUCM 15 & UCCX 12.5 - CCMAXL Exception

VoIP Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM version: 15.0.1.10000-32

UCCX version: 12.5.1.11003-511

I'm attempting to setup UCCX from scratch.  When first logging in, I am greeted with the "Cisco Unified CM Configuration - Service Provider Configuration" page.  I enter the FQDN of CUCM, the username of admin, and the CUCM admin password.  I receive the following popup:

"Cisco Unified CM Authentication Failed because of CCMAXL Exception. Please check the logs for details."

What I've tried:

• Importing the CUCM cert into UCCX using "set cert import trust tomcat", then reboot.
  • Importing the tomcat.pem and Tomcat-ECDSA certificate through the Certificate Management GUI. then reboot.
  • Deleted the UCCX VM and redeploy. 
  • Created new CUCM application users with all possible permissions added.

I'm stuck at this point.  Does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

7 Replies 7

Glenn Jordan
Level 1
Level 1
TAC gave me eso4 cop file to the same issue we had. Worked great.

Glenn Jordan
Bass Pro Shops
Systems Engineer 4
External Number 720-644-4888
Internal Number 2001-4888

it seems uccx 12.5 su3 has some issue and bugs..

also, i facing an issue with stock reporting in uccx 12.5 su3.. 

uccx 12.5 SU2-ES04 is still best reliable version so far..

-- if this helped, please rate by click (Accept as solution) or (Helpful) --

@VoIP Engineer, it sounds like you might be hitting this https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwh73992 , sounds like you might need the ES listed as the fix?

I think you may be right Bill.  It does sound exactly like my situation.

Hi,

Just a further hint.

After applied the ES04 , if you still have the same issue I suggest you to create another application user on CUCM with standard axl api access and modify the one you have configured on UCCX.

I had a couple of customers with that problem and solved in that way.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

pescla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Im having the same error, but on CUCM 14. Uploaded all self signed tomcat certs. Upgraded to ES05. Admin has AXL API Role. Restarted. What could be the problem?

There is another thread from today that talks about issues if the AXL account has special characters in the password.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/new-uccx-12-5-su3-es05-cucm-14-axl-error-when-entering-cucm-info/td-p/5121907