cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC: duplicate values in custom call variables report

floatingpurr
Level 1
Level 1

I'm on a CUIC bundled with CCX 12.0.1.10000-24. When I run the "custom call variables report" I see duplicate values in the report. Here is an example of the problem in action:

cuic.png

As you can notice, some rows are duplicated more times. To be more clear, those custom variables come from 2 distinct set enterprise call info steps in a CCX script. In particular, the first set enterprise call info step sets custom var 1 and 2 according to the date and time of a call. A second set enterprise call info sets var 4 to the key pressed in a menu step as it is described here.

Why does this happen and how can I fix? 

EDIT:

Querying the DBMS, it looks like sessions are not duplicated.

admin:run uccx sql db_cra select * from ContactRoutingDetail where sessionID='20000045046'
SESSIONID SESSIONSEQNUM NODEID PROFILEID QINDEX ORIGPRIORITY FINALPRIORITY QUEUETIME STARTDATETIME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20000045046 0 1 1 1 1 1 71 2021-03-05 15:31:55.234

And again:

admin:run uccx sql db_cra select sessionID,customVariable2,customVariable3,customVariable4 from ContactCallDetail where sessionID='20000045046'
SESSIONID	CUSTOMVARIABLE2	CUSTOMVARIABLE3	CUSTOMVARIABLE4
---------------------------------------------------------
20000045046	3/5/21	4:31 PM	Key 1

Maybe the duplicates come from a bad join query...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

floatingpurr
Level 1
Level 1

A side note about that:
Also Cisco "uses" the set enterprise call info + Call Custom Variables Report to do the trick (see here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/212485-configure-uccx-to-show-options-selected.html)

Unfortunately, duplications are a major problem in this report.

EDIT

Just found the duplication problem!

It comes from the AgentConnectionDetail table. Here, there is a record for each agent the same call is passed to (before the answer)! No idea about how I can get rid of this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

floatingpurr
Level 1
Level 1

A side note about that:
Also Cisco "uses" the set enterprise call info + Call Custom Variables Report to do the trick (see here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/212485-configure-uccx-to-show-options-selected.html)

Unfortunately, duplications are a major problem in this report.

EDIT

Just found the duplication problem!

It comes from the AgentConnectionDetail table. Here, there is a record for each agent the same call is passed to (before the answer)! No idea about how I can get rid of this.

If you are making a custom report your can check for talktime > 0 on the agent. Then you will only get the record where the call has been answered (And not RONA calls)

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Hi @Thomas G. Johannesen! Thanx for your hint. This is a very good idea to filter out noisy data about RONA. I'm on CUIC 12.0.1.10000.24, so I should be able to customize reports. However, If I create a new report from scratch starting from the Call Custom Variables Report definition, I cannot see the field talktime.

Is there a way to integrate such information in the report and use it for filtering?

Edit: I was mistaken.

As per the docs, even in version 12.0 you need a standalone version of the CUIC in order to create custom reports. They say:

"To create new custom Historical reports, you need to install a Standalone Unified Intelligence Center with premium license."

I'm wondering whether the Premium license of the CCX is enough or not. Maybe they are referring to a CUIC-based premium license. 

The Standalone CUIC for uccx is not license by itself, so if you have a uccx premium this will work.

I also think that you have to find the SP that the Custom Variable use, and make a new one and use that istead (where your filter the talktime).

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Thomas G. J.

Looks like it's a long way and operations into the DBMS (e.g., custom SP) are also involved... is there any example/tutorial on how to do that?