cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Custom SIP Header

Ahmed Khalefa
Level 1
Level 1

Any one can help with sending Custom SIP Header from CVP to ICM and vice versa ..
i have read about that in the SRND and the Config Admin Guide .. but still i can't make sure that the Call.SIPHeader is passed correctly to the ICM .

MWSnap 2012-03-04, 15_52_22.jpgMWSnap 2012-03-04, 15_53_44.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike Cairns
Level 1
Level 1

I got this working in our environment and it works differently than you would expect. 

This creates a SIP header called "TestSIPHeader".  All that this does is tell CVP to parse this value from the SIP messaging and send it to ICM in the Call.SIPHeader variable (which contains a max of 255 characters)

And this is how I inserted the data into a Peripheral Variable:

And when the call arrived at the client:

Notice that in my example above that the only value in Variable 1 is the Value of SIP header "Fred".  This is because CVP is only parsing out headers that are in the message when it gets to CVP.  We inserted the SIP Header at our SBC before we sent it to CVP, so it was able to parse it out and send it to the Call.SIPHeader variable in ICM.

I hope this helps a little.  I know that I found this post and wished someone would answer it.  I didn't think it would me me.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Mike Cairns
Level 1
Level 1

I got this working in our environment and it works differently than you would expect. 

This creates a SIP header called "TestSIPHeader".  All that this does is tell CVP to parse this value from the SIP messaging and send it to ICM in the Call.SIPHeader variable (which contains a max of 255 characters)

And this is how I inserted the data into a Peripheral Variable:

And when the call arrived at the client:

Notice that in my example above that the only value in Variable 1 is the Value of SIP header "Fred".  This is because CVP is only parsing out headers that are in the message when it gets to CVP.  We inserted the SIP Header at our SBC before we sent it to CVP, so it was able to parse it out and send it to the Call.SIPHeader variable in ICM.

I hope this helps a little.  I know that I found this post and wished someone would answer it.  I didn't think it would me me.

Hi Mike ,

You got it right , with your provided example i can see that the CVP forwarded the data inside the "Fred" SIP Header as it contains data from your SBC as mentioned ..
this is for the Case from CVP to ICM ..

And you can set it from ICM to the CVP if you want also via specific messages like this :

"Call-Info~add~;parm1=value1"

"From~add~;parm1=value1"

etc .. you will see that in the SRND for the CVP also in the Admin Guide for the CVP .. i get it working already but your answer is 100 % right .. 5 out of 5

I stumbled upon your post while I was trying to solve my issue, and so I wanted to close the gap for the next guy that tries to do the same thing. 

Ahmed,

Im trying to pass data to CUCM through Sip Header, is it example you passed do it?

If so, can you explaim better with printscreens please??

Hi Lucas,

I did that before once , i used SIP Normalization under the CVP Trunk configurations .

, let me check the configurations and get back ...

Thanks A lot,

Ahmed Salah

Hi Mike,

I'm trying to get the 'From' part of the SIP header as per it shows on the CVP logs like: 

FromURI sip:+141XXXXXXXX@CompanyNameLabSiteA

However, when I assign a peripheral variable with the value Call.SIPHeader it always comes empty. 

In the SIP Header Passing (to ICM) configuration in the SIP tab in the CVP Ops console, I have added 'From' as the Header Name but as I said before I get nothing on the Call.SIPHeader ICM variable. So, I think some configuration is missing at the VXML gateway level. Could you share with me what commands have to be used so that the SIP header is passed to ICM? By reading what you posted I think what I'm missing in my configuration is this part of your explanation: We inserted the SIP Header at our SBC before we sent it to CVP, so it was able to parse it out and send it to the Call.SIPHeader variable in ICM.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Carlos A Trivino

JGargano111
Level 1
Level 1

Which application and section do I use to access the SIP Header Passing (to ICM) ?

Justin,

It is done in the CVP Ops Console server via the web interface.  You will se it listed under the SIP tab.  You will probably have to click the drop down to show the advanced settings as well.

Thanks.  Just to add some details for anyone else.

I was able to find this under: Unified CVP Call Servers->[CVP HOSTNAME]->SIP Tab->Advanced Configuration

bartdejager
Level 1
Level 1

hi All

to add to this topic i have an additional question,

we would like to display the calling name for internal calls into the cisco agent desktop,

so the scenario is that an IP Phone dials into the call center, normally the agent will see the calling number in CAD

but not the calling name from call manager.

however i see in the SIP message that the calling name is there in the FROM field and also in the REMOTE PARTY ID field

could i populate an ICM variable with the name from the SIP message by using the call.sipheader field somehow ?

i tried this but the variable shows up empty....

thanks!

Ahmed Khalefa
Level 1
Level 1

Well, steps to do that, :
1- Make sure to add the header "From" in the CVP operation console as above , to make it sent to the ICM
2- Add a node in ICM script where you set for example "variable 4" with the value of "sip.header" and that's all

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Did you get this to work -cad/finesse displaying internal names for internal calls as I wish to do this as well?

We route to Pcce via cti rp does it make a difference 

Also we have  internal calls via cti rp and external via cube so have different sip route grps in cvp op manager. Can we turn on the sip header option only in certain groups or is it global 

Configuration -is it just the case of adding the word FROM  and that will parse everything in from header to icm?

Thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: