cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial by Extension in UCCX 7

lharris310
Level 1
Level 1

I have a script which gives the caller the option to dial by extension anytime. I know that there is a Dial by Extension menu in Cisco Unity Express Editor that allows for this functionality. Is there anything similar to this in Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 7 script editor? If not, is there a way to do this using UCCX 7 script editor?

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

You have to use two steps, Get Digit String and a Switch.

• Get Digit String into a variable "DialedDigits", first-digit timeout ~5 seconds or so, subsequent digits 2 or 3. Collect [your extension length] digits. Valid map is 0123456789. No cancel digit, no terminating digit.
    • Success: Try to Redirect to DialedDigits as an extension, handle failure as necessary
    • Timeout: Collected less than 4 digits, but may have collected and stored a menu option.
      • Switch on "DialedDigits":
        • "1": Menu option 1 handler
        • "2": Menu option 2 handler
        • Other menu options as appropriate
        • "" (empty string): Play "Sorry, I didn't hear your input, please try again", other error logic
        • Default (other than the above): Play "Sorry, didn't understand your input, please try again", other error logic
    • Unsuccessful: Don't think this happens w/o a cancel digit.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

*Premium Feature Only

The Name to User step is probably the closest.  You spell the name via the keypad, and it plays back the matches (if any) for you to choose from.

*Any License Type

You could just use the Get Dgiit String step to grab some random input from the caller, then attempt a transfer to it.  That's kind of raw, and requires considerations such as: "What extensions will I attempt to dial: 911, Pilot Numbers, Paging Ports?"