cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial by name anytime

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

need to make a change where in UCCX I have a menu that press 1 goes to a queue, press 2 goes to a queue and need to add if you know your parties extension dial it at anytime.   The extensions do start with a 1,2, and others.  What is the best/cleanest way to get around this?  I was thinking of a way to drive an add a pause where when number is dialed it waits for additional digits.   Else I was looking at the Get Digits String that I have no experience is using. 

Thank You

UCCX 10.6

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't generally have a terminating digit because callers never follow directions to press a # (or similar) after entering an extension.  So, I set the "Input Length" to be the number of digits in my internal extensions and then I don't set terminating/cancel digits.  By doing this, callers enter x digits (4 in the screenshot below) and the system automatically stops collecting digits once that value is reached.

On the "Input" tab of the step, I set the Initial Timeout to 2 or 3 and the Interdigit timeout to 2.  That way, it's not much of a wait when the caller presses a single digit to reach one of the other menu options, but long enough so the caller doesn't have to rush through entering each digit in the extension.

Using the above, entering an extension would take the Successful branch and the single-digit options would take the Timeout branch.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well you can very well add this functionality in the script however it will only work when the call is at a specific step asking for the input from caller and not at any random step within the script. So basically what you can do is that use Get Digit String step with a prompt that will play something like "If you know you party extension dial it now". As soon as the caller input is taken for the number of acceptable digits that you will of course need to specify within the Get Digit String step. You can then use the Call Redirect step to transfer the call to that extension which you captured in the previous Get Digit String step (simply use the variable that stored the value of Get Digit String in the Call Redirect step for Destination)

Regards

Deepak

Deepak,

Thank you for your response.  I will work on your suggestion today.

Sure try that and let me know if you need any help.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

I do need some help.  At my Open label I insert the "Get Digit String" step.  I configure it to play my menu prompt that also states to the customer if you know your parties ext, dial it at any time.

My menu is press 1.  for Billing and press 2 for sales. Or if you know parties ext, dial anytime.

I created a variable called userinput.

userinput = Get Digit String {Triggering Contact}

where do I validate if the caller presses only 1 or only 2 vs a string of digits (the extension)?  Thinking I need to use an If statement within the successful label under Get Digit String

Deepak,

I have the dial extension anytime working but struggling in getting the press 1 or 2 to different queues" working.  In my If statement (Extension1Digit == userinput) when doing a reactive bug, Extension1Digit is showing 1 as well as the userinput variable when I select 1 from the prompt.  But it's going to the false statement.  Can I use a string and int in an If statement?

The script part handling this goes like this:

Variables:

userinput (String) "

ExtensionLength (Int) value of 5     (we use 5 digit ext's)

Ext_Transfer (String) "

Extension1Digit (Int) value of 1

OPen

Userinput = Get Digit String (--Triggering Contact--)

Successful

If (userinput.length(0) == ExtensionLength Then

True

Set Ext_Transfer = userinput

Goto Transfer

False

If (Extension1Digit == userinput) Then

True

Goto Label1

Attach your script and highlight the section that is not working in the script itself.

Regards

Deepak

Adding to my previous response, refer to below thread which I think should resolve the issue

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11889166/uccx-90-during-prompt-menu-dial-extension-any-time

Regards

Deepak

Depending on whether callers are entering a terminating digit, you're probably going to need to use the Timeout branch to catch the single-digit inputs, whereas callers entering extensions are on the Successful branch.

This works but the dial by extension is being bypassed and going directly to the Timeout section which is working.  They do not want a terminating digit used so that appears to be the cause.  Do I need to play with the timeout settings within the Get Digit String config?

I don't generally have a terminating digit because callers never follow directions to press a # (or similar) after entering an extension.  So, I set the "Input Length" to be the number of digits in my internal extensions and then I don't set terminating/cancel digits.  By doing this, callers enter x digits (4 in the screenshot below) and the system automatically stops collecting digits once that value is reached.

On the "Input" tab of the step, I set the Initial Timeout to 2 or 3 and the Interdigit timeout to 2.  That way, it's not much of a wait when the caller presses a single digit to reach one of the other menu options, but long enough so the caller doesn't have to rush through entering each digit in the extension.

Using the above, entering an extension would take the Successful branch and the single-digit options would take the Timeout branch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: