cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do CVP applications prior to 12.5(1) cover Java under the license?

agrodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

According to Cisco’s support documents: “Contact Center CVP applications from 12.5(1) onwards support OpenJDK as Java runtime environment.” I am unable to find information regarding versions prior to 12.5. Can anyone provide confirmation whether Oracle Java is covered in versions older than 12.5(1)? 

Edit: Thank you for the replies. Apologies for not making my question clearer. Essentially, I am trying to figure out if Cisco includes Oracle Java in the license for their older version of CVP or if my company would need to pay for the needed Java license separately. The below link indicates that CVP 12.5(1) servers can be configured so that they are OpenJDK JRE compliant and I am looking for similar information regarding versions older than 12.5. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/contact-center/unified-customer-voice-portal-1251/217213-install-and-migrate-to-openjdk-in-cvp-12.html#anc6

3 Replies 3

Quigath
Spotlight
Spotlight

My lab used to be on v11.6, from what I recall, the Java there was under Oracle. Which document talks about the version, the programming guide?

More the most part Java has always flown under the Oracle flag... or Sun back in the day. So yes, prior to 12.5.1 it was Oracle/Sun.

david

I'm sorry if I'm not following, but are you just looking for something that calls out that it was Java Oracle? Like something like this?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp12_0/programming/guide/ccvp_b_programming-guide-for-cisco-unified-12-0/ccvp_b_programming-guide-for-cisco-unified-12-0_appendix_010010.html

The VXML Server code base has been compiled with Java 7. To ensure backwards compatibility, all APIs remain unchanged. Any custom Java classes such as custom elements that have been compiled with the earlier JDK versions will continue to work on the new VXML Server platform, except for the known incompatibilities listed in the Java 7 compatibility document by Oracle.