cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

error.semantic ! what is the meaning of this.

sreekanth47
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

Im getting the following error when I'm handling NoMatch event in my voice element.

192.168.0.102.1466357802601.0.SprintCustomElements,06/19/2016 23:06:58.190,A VoiceXML error occurred of type "error.semantic": Error in eval(): Mfield=(noMatch);; nested exception is:

org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: ReferenceError: "noMatch" is not defined.

the below code throwing this error

NoMatchPrompt nomatch = new NoMatchPrompt(ved, nomatch_audio_group,"max_nomatch_count", getSubmitURL(), 1);

VEvent nmEvent= nomatch.getEvent();

nmEvent.addCount(1, VAction.getNew(pref, VAction.ASSIGN, vFName, "noMatch", VAction.WITHOUT_QUOTES ));

menufield.add(nmEvent);

VAction throwNomatch = VAction.getNew(pref,VAction.THROW ,VAction.NOMATCH );

can any one helps me what went wrong in my code?. Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think the question here is what's supposed to be assigned into the vFName variable in this line of code:

nmEvent.addCount(1, VAction.getNew(pref, VAction.ASSIGN, vFName, "noMatch", VAction.WITHOUT_QUOTES ));

If you're trying to assign the literal word 'noMatch' into your variable then you should change the VAction.WITHOUT_QUOTES to VAction.WITH_QUOTES

If you're trying to assign the contents of a variable named noMatch into the vFName, then  you better ensure you've created and assigned a value to the noMatch variable, otherwise it'll cause this error.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ewindgat
Level 5
Level 5

Is this the line of code that is throwing the error?

Hi ewindgat , yes ,this peace actually throwing  a nomatch event.

VAction throwNomatch = VAction.getNew(pref,VAction.THROW ,VAction.NOMATCH );

but the below code

cant handle the event thrown by throwNomatch action. If  I kept this with "undefined"  like below it is working.

nmEvent.addCount(1, VAction.getNew(pref, VAction.ASSIGN, vFName, "undefined", VAction.WITHOUT_QUOTES ));

As per my understanding ,

VAction.getNew(pref,VAction.THROW ,VAction.NOMATCH ); always throws undefined for whether it is noinput or nomatch.It did allow to assign a variable with some value , but the finally returning undefined. I don't know my understanding is right or wrong.

You might try using the VXML_LOG_VARIABLE_NAME then concatenating other values for your "noMatch" variable.

It might not be your variable "noMatch" that is undefined, but finding a match in the JS function.

You might start with your vFName.

I think the question here is what's supposed to be assigned into the vFName variable in this line of code:

If you're trying to assign the literal word 'noMatch' into your variable then you should change the VAction.WITHOUT_QUOTES to VAction.WITH_QUOTES

If you're trying to assign the contents of a variable named noMatch into the vFName, then  you better ensure you've created and assigned a value to the noMatch variable, otherwise it'll cause this error.

Oh I'll try this . and thank you very much for the help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: